1255
Thanks and much love to OleKobe and fam for having my little crew over. Great seeing my cousin. He listened patiently while I stumbled, bumbled and muttered my creamy loose vision for the Old Kishwaukee Band thing. More on that at some point.
A-Rod hits 500 on the same day Bonds ties the great Hank Aaron.
I know I once called Bonds the Duke of Winstrol (still think that is a pretty good nickname for the guy)…
…but I’ve watched most of the games ESPN has broadcast since the two homers he hit in Wrigley. We listened to the game at work and I thought ‘I will be sorry if I don’t try to watch whatever part of the Bonds’ games that I can’
I’m glad I decided to watch. I know there are a lot of people who are sick of hearing about Bonds. Sometimes I feel that way as well. But if you like reality tv and the boring drama it puts forth, I submit to you that while Bonds will not give us his thoughts in front of a “closet cam” he is part of the same swirling, semi-nauseating controversy –
BUT HE IS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAS EVER DONE!
Maybe one of those kitchen/chef reality shows might be on par with what Bonds is doing because most chefs I know are mad geniuses and capable of far greater feats of artistry than me…
Maybe the ice truckers are tougher than Bonds but that’s it…mad chefs and bad-ass truckers are the only denizens of reality tv that can hold a candle to Bonds.
Boo A-Rod and Bonds if you like. It’s not for me to convince people to love Barry or A-Rod or anybody. I love baseball, I love the majesty of the game and I can even see beauty in the feats of those who seem to be the villains. Whatever the defects of the two batsmen mentioned above, they are worth more than every rattletrap who comes on tv screaming about being disrespected, preening to be the next supermodel, vowing to stand as a tough talking judge that gets results or telling everyone how to raise children.
A-Rod hits 500 on the same day Bonds ties the great Hank Aaron.
I know I once called Bonds the Duke of Winstrol (still think that is a pretty good nickname for the guy)…
…but I’ve watched most of the games ESPN has broadcast since the two homers he hit in Wrigley. We listened to the game at work and I thought ‘I will be sorry if I don’t try to watch whatever part of the Bonds’ games that I can’
I’m glad I decided to watch. I know there are a lot of people who are sick of hearing about Bonds. Sometimes I feel that way as well. But if you like reality tv and the boring drama it puts forth, I submit to you that while Bonds will not give us his thoughts in front of a “closet cam” he is part of the same swirling, semi-nauseating controversy –
BUT HE IS ACTUALLY DOING SOMETHING THAT NO ONE HAS EVER DONE!
Maybe one of those kitchen/chef reality shows might be on par with what Bonds is doing because most chefs I know are mad geniuses and capable of far greater feats of artistry than me…
Maybe the ice truckers are tougher than Bonds but that’s it…mad chefs and bad-ass truckers are the only denizens of reality tv that can hold a candle to Bonds.
Boo A-Rod and Bonds if you like. It’s not for me to convince people to love Barry or A-Rod or anybody. I love baseball, I love the majesty of the game and I can even see beauty in the feats of those who seem to be the villains. Whatever the defects of the two batsmen mentioned above, they are worth more than every rattletrap who comes on tv screaming about being disrespected, preening to be the next supermodel, vowing to stand as a tough talking judge that gets results or telling everyone how to raise children.


1 Comments:
Thanks for coming out. It was great seeing you all again.
The Bonds/HR chase doesn't bother me much. I just like making fun of him. A-Rod will probably surpass all of them eventually.
Post a Comment
<< Home