My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, August 24, 2008

No Ray

The SOX had no business winning the game today which is what made it all the more fun… and with the Twins unfortunate loss, my beloved SOX are back in 1st place for another day.

As much as I’d like to sit and gloat (Ross?)…oh, that’s Gload. As much as I’d like to smile smugly at how fate and crappy umpiring has helped the team I love it is hat tipping time.

1. edP tips his WhiteSOX hat to the Rays who have put together a great team. Who’d a thought the X-Ray Specs guy would turn out to be such a great manager? Maybe he’s stealing signs with those goggles (the Rays may have actually done that on Friday but White SOX fans watched one of the great sign-stealing bench coaches of all time so they cannot complain about anyone stealing signs against the South Side heroes

2. Tip o’ my WhiteSOX cap to Ryan Dempster (who I have called Dumpster elsewhere). Winning 15 games after a starter converted to closer converted back to starter…and Canadian to boot? Tip of my toque to you Big Canadian Red (not anyone’s nickname)

3. Finally,
Doug Eddings I love you but you are a shitty umpire. Either AJ has pictures of you hanging out with NBA referees or the Mayor’s hired goons have your family stashed away somewhere in Bridgeport. Well, if the WhiteSOX make the playoffs by one game, here’s hoping you get a playoff share.

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

I looked at the replay this morning. A.J. initiated the contact, then flopped like nothing I've seen in any sport. It was poetic. The ref, and everyone who has weighed in, puts the burden on the fielder for not getting out of the way enough to avoid that. Konerko put it pretty well, too - he said that this is stuff you learn in the minors. Most guys give up that stuff in the majors and just give in. A.J. is using his whole toolbox to win games.

9:10 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Ya gotta love him

10:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home