National Anathema
Poor Christina Aguilera's been taking it in the keister over fucking up the National Anthem at yesterday's Super Bowl. I'm listening to it right now. It's not so bad, in fact I might go so far as to say that in these troubled times, this is the anthem our nation deserves.
We all know we are supposed to proudly hail the twilight and watch shit gleaming all over the ramparts, but give the little lady a break. She looked to be four or five appletinis into her pre-game preparation so let's proudly hail the fact she could even stand around the ramparts, let alone be able to watch the gallant streaming over and know what she was looking at.
Wha?
I think I just went Jim Gray. That's worse than fading to black...that's like fading to unintelligible.
The point is maybe until we can all do better as people and as a nation, we should sit back, strap it down and try to make due with the vocal meanderings of these bleached out and burned out sorry-assed harpies before the whole shithouse comes down around our ears.
And say...
That star-spangled banner
Yet waves
O'er the shit that we watched
On Super Bowl Sun-DAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
oooh yeah
sorry America
We all know we are supposed to proudly hail the twilight and watch shit gleaming all over the ramparts, but give the little lady a break. She looked to be four or five appletinis into her pre-game preparation so let's proudly hail the fact she could even stand around the ramparts, let alone be able to watch the gallant streaming over and know what she was looking at.
Wha?
I think I just went Jim Gray. That's worse than fading to black...that's like fading to unintelligible.
The point is maybe until we can all do better as people and as a nation, we should sit back, strap it down and try to make due with the vocal meanderings of these bleached out and burned out sorry-assed harpies before the whole shithouse comes down around our ears.
And say...
That star-spangled banner
Yet waves
O'er the shit that we watched
On Super Bowl Sun-DAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!
oooh yeah
sorry America


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home