My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, August 06, 2012

Thoughts on Grass and Aging

I pick you up down on John Street
On an aimless Saturday
While you're on the phone with him
I stand there and wait
We can always get away
It's just up to you now
We can always stay
With anyone we choose now

It's not a witch she will not float
And we've done more than all she wrote
I'll take a vow to act my age
And then rebuild my rattled cage

The grass was warm but the water was cold
Our love was strong the nights were slow
That was when we understood
Our love was right and life was good

When life was good and we were young
It left a mark it made me numb
My eyes were red your eyes were green
Now they're all closed crushed up into dreams

I will rebuild my rattled cage..
I'll take the pills to kill the passion
Till all this shit comes back in fashion

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home