Going Down with Guns Blazing and Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwiches Flying
I am being shaken down - shook down - (shaking down?) by some institution and its group insurance office. While people are doing their jobs...the process that they are defending is a bastard and it's set up to (potentially) screw me over - with no remedy. I'm trying to do an end-around, but it probably will not work. They may continue stealing $300 from me every two weeks. One thing is clear...I'm not going down without a fight...a fight that could make things worse for all parties involved. In my sick, fucked-up mind - that may be a win.
When I was a kid (5th grade or something like that) there was an older kid who threatened to beat me up if I didn’t give him my hot lunch money (this story would be sad if it wasn’t so hackneyed…wait – maybe that makes it even sadder). I said: “This is my money. I’m hungry.” We fought, I tried my best but he kicked my ass and got most of my lunch money. The next day I ran into the kid again. When he threatened me, I said: “Hey, you took my money yesterday.” The dick kid, er, big kid said: “I don’t give a care. I’ll take your money every day. In fact, tomorrow, if you look for me and give me the money, I might not beat you up.” Then he beat me up…but as he was kicking my ass, I threw my hot lunch money away. I knew I was going to get my ass kicked anyway, why let him have my money? By the way, where are the morning recess teachers when you need ‘em? The third day I brought my lunch. I asked my mom to make me a really gooey peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I looked for the big kid, snuck up on him and smashed the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his face. He screamed some B.S. at me. I’d like to think I had the presence of mind to ask him: “What, you don’t like peanut butter and jelly?” I can’t say I said that but let’s pretend that I did. After he beat me up and was walking away, I told him, while crying a little: “I’m going to look for you everyday and do the same thing. Peanut butter and jelly is all you’re going to get.”
There were a few more fights and I am unsure who won the overall standoff. I’d like to think I did because he didn’t steal any more money from me – and I got to smash a few more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in his face. However, the one thing that is clear is - I lost all the fistfights.
I’ve got a bad (good?) feeling the same thing is going to happen in the current situation. I better buy some jelly.
When I was a kid (5th grade or something like that) there was an older kid who threatened to beat me up if I didn’t give him my hot lunch money (this story would be sad if it wasn’t so hackneyed…wait – maybe that makes it even sadder). I said: “This is my money. I’m hungry.” We fought, I tried my best but he kicked my ass and got most of my lunch money. The next day I ran into the kid again. When he threatened me, I said: “Hey, you took my money yesterday.” The dick kid, er, big kid said: “I don’t give a care. I’ll take your money every day. In fact, tomorrow, if you look for me and give me the money, I might not beat you up.” Then he beat me up…but as he was kicking my ass, I threw my hot lunch money away. I knew I was going to get my ass kicked anyway, why let him have my money? By the way, where are the morning recess teachers when you need ‘em? The third day I brought my lunch. I asked my mom to make me a really gooey peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I looked for the big kid, snuck up on him and smashed the peanut butter and jelly sandwich in his face. He screamed some B.S. at me. I’d like to think I had the presence of mind to ask him: “What, you don’t like peanut butter and jelly?” I can’t say I said that but let’s pretend that I did. After he beat me up and was walking away, I told him, while crying a little: “I’m going to look for you everyday and do the same thing. Peanut butter and jelly is all you’re going to get.”
There were a few more fights and I am unsure who won the overall standoff. I’d like to think I did because he didn’t steal any more money from me – and I got to smash a few more peanut butter and jelly sandwiches in his face. However, the one thing that is clear is - I lost all the fistfights.
I’ve got a bad (good?) feeling the same thing is going to happen in the current situation. I better buy some jelly.


3 Comments:
Ed, there's a little adage that has served me well when the deck is stacked against me, my back is against the wall, and my +3 longsword has just been shattered (so to speak).
"No problem is so large that it can't be solved with a medium-sized can of gasoline."
It used to be "large can of gasoline", but, well, fuel prices and all that.
Forget the "end-around," Ed. Go for the "reach-around."
Where did you find it? Interesting read bluetooth headset holster Medical weight loss Consumer reports bodyzone memory foam mattresses Dallas show trivia tv Puma shoulder bag core top choices on dishwashers Charleston caroline fishing trips Ford 7.3 diesel engine Information+on+provigil Driveway pave how to 2004 buick park avenue ultra Oldsmobile cutlas supreme Wine bottle shelves Tooth whitening discussion
Post a Comment
<< Home