My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Wednesday, November 07, 2007

A Strange Request

Our beloved Presidork offered this strange response to a reporter who asked him if the US was being soft on Musharraf…

gBushy: “I spoke with him on the phone earlier this afternoon. I told him to hold his election as planned, and to take his uniform off.”

THAT SICK FUCK!

On the phone, he tells the General to take his uniform off. I plan to review the tape because I’m not even 100% sure gBushy told him to hold his “election” fer cripes sake.

Musharaff suspends his country’s constitution and our president wants to get a little dictator.

It’s just as I always suspected. gBushy is a constitution-suspendin’ fucker.

Sorry.



Onto unrelated and infinitely more pleasant matters…

The Temptations Ain’t to Proud to Beg came on the radio at work today. Besides being a relief from the pap the We Play Anything Bad station pours over our sad heads all day…that song stands as evidence that my sweet love Kimberly Jo has excellent taste in everything except men.

Those who know my darling & I know that we both love the Stones for some of the same reasons, but some very different ones as well. Kim appreciates the great records the stones made especially from the late 60’s through Exile and she also enjoys parts of Goat’s Head Soup and of course Some Girls.

Me, I listen to the good Rolling Stones stuff, but I have a soft spot for the crap. I picked up a tape of It’s Only Rock ‘n Roll and took it with us on a trip to Eastern Illinois. Kim really got into their cover of Ain’t to Proud to Beg and asked me if she could dupe that one song. She said “Sorry honey. It’s sort of the only good song on this record.”

Despite my love for Fingerprint File, my sweetie was/is probably right.




In family news, Kim and I got our first ‘letter sent home from the teacher’ because Alex and some of his classmates made bad decisions and wrote on their desks. The boy’s got to stay in from recess next week and clean desks. The teacher gave the guilty parties a chance to fess up and Alex was one of the first to admit he did it and stand in front of the classroom with other desk defilers.

I told him that the desks were school property, but they were paid for by all the homeowners in the community in the form of property taxes. Our community does not like it when property taxes go up, so there’s only so much money the school can get from us. If it has to keep spending that money on new desks, the school can’t buy cool books on baby animals and the Civil War (his two favorite topics these days) and kids won’t have as many opportunities to discover cool things.

Alex: “Sorry dad.”
Me: “Don’t worry about being sorry. Just do a good job cleaning the desks when you’re in for recess and you will undo most of the harm you did.”
Alex: “Really?”
Me: “Yeah. No point in being mad about this. No point in saying sorry. You have a chance to make this right boy. Now go and do it, but give me a hug before you do.”
Alex: “Ok dad.”

I dunno if I handled that the right way. I’ve defaced tons of school property in my day (although I wasn’t gonna cop to that in front of the boy). I save my getting mad/yelling at the kid for the rare occasions when he does something in a truly uncaring and thoughtless fashion. No sense raising the stakes with some desk writing. That’s what I think anyway.

Besides, party of me is happy he is writing on his desk. This means that the OT is helping, doesn’t it?

If I ever need to scare the boy straight I'll just show him this clip.

Some people get parenting ideas from their faith, best-selling books, mommies on-line discussion groups, blogs, magazines and the fucking Super Nanny...

Me, I'll turn to Roky Erickson thank you very much.

8 Comments:

Blogger DC Liar said...

gBushy: I'm a Republican and I truly believe that this Presidork is easily the worst president that this nation has ever had to endure (yes, even worse than James Buchanan).

Temptations: I love all of the late 50's/early 60's early R&B stuff. Although, my true love is the Ink Spots (1930's proto R&B band).

The Boy: I'll be back in a couple of days. If you want I'll sit him down and teach him the fine art of defacement. I just want to see his skill level as a graffiti artist.

1:02 AM  
Blogger big sky said...

Honey,
You don't need to read the books. I read the books and you do everything the books say you should. What the hell- I'm the one who wanted the kid and you're the one who does this shit naturally. Except, of course, the gun drawer. And, butt tag.

4:04 AM  
Blogger edP said...

shhhh, quiet about the butt tag. DCFS is already on our asses sweetie.

DC, one of the few things in this life my father & I ever agreed on is - the Ink Spots are pretty righteous.

5:11 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

He has to stay in all week? That seems a little harsh. Of course, when I was a kid and you had to stay in with other kids it really wasn't that bad. The teacher usually left the room and then we would just tell stories and goof off.

I really don't want to see Musharaf without his uniform on. I bet he's like gorilla hairy.

10:08 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I love the stones but can't stand Ron Wood. I don't know what it is.

3:08 PM  
Blogger edP said...

The hair.

3:49 PM  
Blogger edP said...

And he sucks.

3:50 PM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

Your kid is going to explain to his friends why it's wrong to mark-up the desks, and those kids will look at him like he has four heads.

You did the right thing.

2:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home