My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, November 05, 2007

Wondering Loud

/or aloud or out loud whatever…

Why isn’t Benazir Bhutto more famous than she is? There’s three generations of (what’s the bullshit boring boring word the boring fucking people use to describe things in our gutter culture? “Drama”?) there’s three generations of drama bringing us to this point in the story. Her father was hung and her husband was accused (rightly or wrongly) of shady dealings which may have involved laundering money through Swiss bank accounts.

What’s sexier than that?

She’s battling the regime of the evil general allied with our whacky usurper from Texas. People voted her one of the 50 Most Beautiful People in the World or some shit like that. She’s 50, and much like Tina Turner, who battled another evil dictator – Benazir Bhutto is still gettin’ it done.

How can she get through to the Lifetime Nation that should adore her? After all she’s battling a MAN drunk with power…Maybe Lifetime or TLC or Discovery can put out a made for TV movie about her and the struggle in Pakistan NOT WITHOUT MY COUNTRY.

What does she have to do to crack our collective psyche? Get out of a limo sans panties after adopting some American babies?

On a serious note, I know Musharraf is through because when he makes public appearances fans no longer chant: “Mooooooose!”

Musharraf to aid: “They are booing me! They no longer say Moose.”
Aid: “No. Yes.”

He can’t even bullshit the General anymore.

On a more serious serious note, Bush should withdraw any sort of support for Musharraf, let the country go to shit and see what happens. It’s possible such horseshittery would draw out O’someone Who Been Hidin’ or his main henchmen who (unless they’re hiding in Newark, NJ) are probably somewhere in Pakistan.

Let the Bass guys come out of hiding to try to sweep up whatever control they can from the chaos. Making such elements more visible in a power grab is worth 1000x’s the no intelligence we’ve gotten recently on those douches.

I should’ve backed off in the first portion of this post. I don’t hate the gutter culture…

I’m a product of it.

I act like I have something to say but much of it is my worthless, angry opinion.

In peaceful times the warlike man attacks himself.

There’s an image of me I’m sure you’d all like to forget.

4 Comments:

Blogger bigsoda said...

Are you kidding me? The worst Bush will do is say, "You're doing a heck of a job, Mushy."

8:26 PM  
Blogger Michael K said...

I agree with Devin. Bush is not likely to do much to persuade Musharaff to change course. Our best bet is that if Condi ever organizes this mid-east peace conference they keep talking about, we can deraw enough attention to the situation to compell him to restore the constituion in Pakistan. If not, eventually there will be another coup and some other asshole will take over. We should probably start trying to influence who the next asshole will be.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

I've been to Newark before. It's kind of like Kabul.

2:35 PM  
Blogger olddogdk said...

I like your plan.

9:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home