Wicker Elephant Lamp
Be at the House in DeKalb, IL - EIGHT PM SHARP to see those old timey Magnificent Ambersons.
Those who can't be there in the flesh can see our show in zeros and ones if you go to bigdragdotnet. Chris tested out the camera hooked into his laptop with a better mic & it sounds darn good. I'm proud of that little guy. I'm thinking of doing the underwear trick in front of the camera at the end of the show. That should put an end to these pesky internets once and for all. I got some tight-y whities (sp? Jeanz? David Duke? anyone?) and found the right kind of shoes...
If you have to get to bed early and you are in DeKalb, bring a coat, stop by and say hi like our friend the PDawg. See internet celebrities like THE Official Grant Miller. My instinct is he has aged better than most. Come for the coat drive, stay for the warm glow of a nice night of gettin' yer drunk on in DeKalb.
Think 'too corny for Up with People' and that's us.
Really, I shouldn't be so self-defecating.
People have said some nice things about us getting back together to play this show and it makes me happy. I don't ever say it, because there are so many more hilarious, em-fucking-barrassing stories that make for better bar fodder....
But I was really proud of my time in that band.
My only fear about tomorrow is I won't want to get off the stage and that's the truth.
More good rock 'n roll news - bigDrag is playing a show with Blue Cheer @ Otto's in DeKalb FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16TH.
I am actually going to get involved with promoting this thing because I fucking love Blue Cheer. Cousin Mike made some great mix tapes with their music on it...we'd waste way too many hours listening to it on crappy tape players in our tree fort.
Bands like Blue Cheer are part of the reason I got into rock 'n roll. They are so loud and obnoxious and you know they hated opening for the Dead in the 60's and just tried to blow them and everything else away.
The Dead was their Mr. Blotto.
Their El Guapo was the real El Guapo.
For some shyness might be their El Guapo.
For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo.
//for us it was trying to play a rock show with a wicker elephant lamp as stage lighting.
Those who can't be there in the flesh can see our show in zeros and ones if you go to bigdragdotnet. Chris tested out the camera hooked into his laptop with a better mic & it sounds darn good. I'm proud of that little guy. I'm thinking of doing the underwear trick in front of the camera at the end of the show. That should put an end to these pesky internets once and for all. I got some tight-y whities (sp? Jeanz? David Duke? anyone?) and found the right kind of shoes...
If you have to get to bed early and you are in DeKalb, bring a coat, stop by and say hi like our friend the PDawg. See internet celebrities like THE Official Grant Miller. My instinct is he has aged better than most. Come for the coat drive, stay for the warm glow of a nice night of gettin' yer drunk on in DeKalb.
Think 'too corny for Up with People' and that's us.
Really, I shouldn't be so self-defecating.
People have said some nice things about us getting back together to play this show and it makes me happy. I don't ever say it, because there are so many more hilarious, em-fucking-barrassing stories that make for better bar fodder....
But I was really proud of my time in that band.
My only fear about tomorrow is I won't want to get off the stage and that's the truth.
More good rock 'n roll news - bigDrag is playing a show with Blue Cheer @ Otto's in DeKalb FRIDAY NOVEMBER 16TH.
I am actually going to get involved with promoting this thing because I fucking love Blue Cheer. Cousin Mike made some great mix tapes with their music on it...we'd waste way too many hours listening to it on crappy tape players in our tree fort.
Bands like Blue Cheer are part of the reason I got into rock 'n roll. They are so loud and obnoxious and you know they hated opening for the Dead in the 60's and just tried to blow them and everything else away.
The Dead was their Mr. Blotto.
Their El Guapo was the real El Guapo.
For some shyness might be their El Guapo.
For others, a lack of education might be their El Guapo.
//for us it was trying to play a rock show with a wicker elephant lamp as stage lighting.


2 Comments:
Y'all did a bang-up job (which is not to say you were smashed). We would have loved to be there in person, of course, but being able to watch anyway was terrific - even though the venue was still non-smoking ... dammit, I'm complaining to management!
Great show, everybody. I'm looking forward to the Second Coming comeback tour.
How was the show, bro(s)?
Post a Comment
<< Home