Bread 'n Circuses
...and a Russian election thrown in for good measure.
I know why I'd be reluctant to go out and vote if I was a Muscovite. I'd be afraid that if exit polling was conducted and one of my comrades asked me who I voted for there'd be no way I could pronounce Dmitri Medvedev. Oh it looks easy but listen to the professional reporters try it. Dude's name is like an "M" with no vowels.
The new Russian whatever his name is sounds like the name Kevin Kline makes up in a Fish Called Wanda.
All right enough. The guy has probably just been installed for life so there'll be plenty of time to make fun of him.
Cranked out some testimony pages for Matter of the Inquest. I need to sit down and do some serious work on the query letter. Here's the first sentence I've been mulling over:
Boys will be boys, but what sort of boys are right to fight, to kill and even to day for the carcass of a three-legged raccoon.
Maybe I should keep mulling.
Launched Bread 'n Circuses and that brings the number of I WANNA songs on the OKB MySpace page to four. Cousin Mike actually wrote words to this song. I still have the words. I could have overdubbed them at any time. They're good words too...but I like how this sounds as an instrumental. We could do Bread 'n Circuses 1.5 w/ words but for now I dig the song the way it is.
The Clinton "red phone" ad typifies the whole tired-ass campaign her people have put forward. Too bad for her because I think she's a candidate who deserved better people around her. Senator BO had a fine response but if I were advising him I'd say:
"Senator O, at the end we should have Senator Clinton pick up the phone and it's some chick asking 'Is Bill there?' And then Hillary is like 'This is his wife! Who is this?' And then we hit 'em with the tag line 'Does America need four more years of Clinton booty calls on the red phone'"
Hopefully Obama would then have the decency to fire my ass.
Because I am lame, on nights like this when Kim is working at school I like to read while listening to big band music on the intertubes. I stumbled across this Benny Goodman track. Check out the giant piece of furniture/stereo. My dad has the exact same rig in his basement. In fact, I think he has this record from the Benny Goodman Sextet.
Could it be that the Old Man is throwing his record collection up on YouTube?
I know why I'd be reluctant to go out and vote if I was a Muscovite. I'd be afraid that if exit polling was conducted and one of my comrades asked me who I voted for there'd be no way I could pronounce Dmitri Medvedev. Oh it looks easy but listen to the professional reporters try it. Dude's name is like an "M" with no vowels.
The new Russian whatever his name is sounds like the name Kevin Kline makes up in a Fish Called Wanda.
All right enough. The guy has probably just been installed for life so there'll be plenty of time to make fun of him.
Cranked out some testimony pages for Matter of the Inquest. I need to sit down and do some serious work on the query letter. Here's the first sentence I've been mulling over:
Boys will be boys, but what sort of boys are right to fight, to kill and even to day for the carcass of a three-legged raccoon.
Maybe I should keep mulling.
Launched Bread 'n Circuses and that brings the number of I WANNA songs on the OKB MySpace page to four. Cousin Mike actually wrote words to this song. I still have the words. I could have overdubbed them at any time. They're good words too...but I like how this sounds as an instrumental. We could do Bread 'n Circuses 1.5 w/ words but for now I dig the song the way it is.
The Clinton "red phone" ad typifies the whole tired-ass campaign her people have put forward. Too bad for her because I think she's a candidate who deserved better people around her. Senator BO had a fine response but if I were advising him I'd say:
"Senator O, at the end we should have Senator Clinton pick up the phone and it's some chick asking 'Is Bill there?' And then Hillary is like 'This is his wife! Who is this?' And then we hit 'em with the tag line 'Does America need four more years of Clinton booty calls on the red phone'"
Hopefully Obama would then have the decency to fire my ass.
Because I am lame, on nights like this when Kim is working at school I like to read while listening to big band music on the intertubes. I stumbled across this Benny Goodman track. Check out the giant piece of furniture/stereo. My dad has the exact same rig in his basement. In fact, I think he has this record from the Benny Goodman Sextet.
Could it be that the Old Man is throwing his record collection up on YouTube?


3 Comments:
Medvedev is the candidate of NO change. It's bizarro world over there...
I'm also tired of hearing about Tony Rezko. If I were Obama, I'd be so tired of every single news reporter under the sun trying to catch me in a lie about that one, singular issue that he already admitted was a mistake.
I liked Obama's real response to the red phone ad - she had plenty of time to think about whether or not to vote for the war in Iraq and got that wrong. What makes us think she'd make a better choice in the middle of the night?
Now I'm trying to rack my brain for the name the Kevin Kline spits out in "Fish Called Wanda."
Mumfredgeson
Post a Comment
<< Home