My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Friday Fun Night

...followed by a good, working Saturday

Kim went out with her girlfriends on Friday night. The boy and I hunkered down with a pizza and watched the Hawks.

Yes, the mighty Blackhawks.

He didn't like all the talking before the game and we were both a bit frustrated at first since the Sharks 1st line skated so much better than these new-look Blackhawks...

But when the Hawks took advantage of the first powerplay and were able to attack the net and break through with a goal...we were both pretty excited.

Then the boy got comfortable in the fort he built with his mom.

The boy crashed & I read Exit Ghost while listening to my Hoagy Carmichael pandora station.

I may come back with some of my thoughts on I Married a Communist and The Human Stain at a later point. I read the last NZ "American trilogy" (if that is what it is called) out of order. I think it was the beginning of last summer when I read American Pastoral.

Maybe I won't come back to the Human Stain since it has such a big shocker that talking about it more than this will ruin the fuck out of it.

Kim & Alex went to the OF on Saturday. I worked on bills (Bill's what?), played X-box, finished some new shit to bring to bigDrag, and wrote more testimony pages for the longer thing of which the Raccoon short story was a part of...

Boy I'm a terrible writer. Why did I waste yesterday doing that? Clearly the practice doesn't make me better.

Great line from an Obama supporter in the wake of Bill Foster's victory over the Milkman in my Congressional district...

"We just won another super delegate."

Pauvre, pauvre Milkman. How can a rich, milk & ice cream vending Republican lose in the 14th Congressional District? Did we lose a war or something?

Oh...

2 Comments:

Blogger Moderator said...

Wow. You watch hockey? You're a Renaissance man.

12:06 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I have numerous interest.

2:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home