My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, August 25, 2008

Good Luck Jackasses

Forget Red State, Blue State, Green Convention, sprinklers dousing the Fox News Crew or any of the timely hoopla that goes along with coverage of the big Donkey Show in Denver.

Even the flibbilty-floo of Drinky Kennedy's surprise public appearance...

I watched some live and listened to some replays of the speeches and action and I love the passion in spite of the skeezy showmanship BS. The passion for Obama is part of what makes me love this country (even tho, I am sort of leaning towards his opponent at this point)

Do I think America has been knee-jerking itself like a farmer named Bufford calling a square dance since the summer of 2006? Maybe, but the energy with which people have come out...even in the wake of the negativity at the end of the Democratic Primary process...

...even with the negative noise coming from both sides calling John McCain a "third term for Bush" - - please...I could take 8 more years of Bush without Turdblossom and Rummy

I probably don't mean that.

...and we all hear the overzealous characterizations of Obama when "critics" say on one hand 'we don't know who he his' and then 'but we do know he will tax the shit out of you'

My associate Mr. Schuster and I took on the task of lowering the old Old Glory flying outside our place of business and put up a new flag. We carefully folded the old one and brought it to one of the gals in the corporate office. She lives near our local American Legion outpost and they have a flag deposit mailbox (presumably in accord with flag etiquette) for all the flags to be properly burned together.

I am and will always be a Catholic first, but the beauty of my country embodied in its symbols, its traditions, its colors always make me grateful for being who I am, where I am.

But you know what I really love about America? Thurston Moore talking about the motherfucking Minutemen and eating squid with Mike Watt.


3 Comments:

Blogger Chris B. said...

I watched some clips from the Daily Show where Joe Biden hinted at maybe picking up John McCain as a running mate this time last year. I said it early on - I think we're picking the better of two decent candidates here, not avoiding the worst of the shitheads.

Also, I think Biden was an inspired choice for Obama - he has plenty of experience and foreign relations management.

10:39 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I am nearly in line with your thinking my drummin friend

2:29 PM  
Blogger bigsoda said...

I said this to you last night, but I wanna reiterate it here: you could take 8 more with Bush now that Rove and Rummy are gone? Really? You're fucking kidding me, right? That's like being okay with herpes now that the most visible sores have cleared up...

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home