How Lowe Can You Go
So I sort of forgot how good of a pitcher Derrick Lowe is. I told everybody at work and on the interwebs that the Cubs will breeze through Game One with Dempster doing that goofy thing with his mitt and not even break a sweat.
I forgot that Derrick Lowe went toe to toe...
Towe?
...with the 2004 Yankees and cowboyed up. Sorry any BoSOX haters out there, I hope the memory of that series doesn't make you want to cowboy upchuck.
Now, sorry to everyone else.
But Lowe was a valuable part of that truly historic (albeit somewhat overrated) team.
Now the Cubs as presently constituted are no 04 Yankees or 04 BoSOX, but their lineup is as dangerous as any out there today in the post-steroids era. And Lowe made them look lost, with the exception of DeRosa's brilliant AB in the 2nd.
Was it the 2nd? It all went by so fast.
But Lowe, true to his name reduced those mighty Cub bats to too many dribblers and fly balls to the warning track. And how...
Howe?
...how did Derrick Lowe achieve this? He made the gophers and rats of Wrigley worry for their heads by keeping the ball down, down, down. It was over for the Mitt Twister....
That could've been a great nickname for Romney by the way....
Mitt Twister!
....I think I stole that line from a German commercial for Twister...Your kinders vill frolic mit Twister!
Sorry Germans.
But as soon as Ryan D started walking guys in bunches it was only a matter of time before he started missing up in the zone (exactly what happened to the poor bastard the one good game my SOX had against him this year)...and once he started missing up in the zone his evening was done.
Ya gotta be able to keep the ball down if you want to make a dangerous lineup feel helpless.
If you want to make your own team feel helpless, walk a bunch of guys and that'll get the job done.
This is all easy for a douche like me to say, and of course keeping the ball down doesn't prevent Manny from hitting it out of the park. That motherfucker can go so low for a ball he can dig a hole, go down there, stuff some more of that head hay he calls a haircut in his blue rag, hotbox the gophers and rats that lie just below home plate, hit the ball out of the friggin park and be out of there in time to miss another public appearance.
I still think the Cubs can and should win this series. Good luck to the Cubs, their fans and to Carlos "The Hurricane" Zambrano. Bring home a winner tomorrow because I got a feeling the team I love from Chicago may be picking up the pieces from a tough loss in Saint Pete.
I will say one thing in defense of the team I love...I hope Javier goes out tomorrow and pitches a whale of a ballgame just to stick it up the backsides of all those pundits who still think of him as a four inning pitcher. He has offered up some great starts, going late into games near the end of the disastrous 2007 season and this year as well. Go get 'em WhiteSOX! Win one for Dave Wills.
I forgot that Derrick Lowe went toe to toe...
Towe?
...with the 2004 Yankees and cowboyed up. Sorry any BoSOX haters out there, I hope the memory of that series doesn't make you want to cowboy upchuck.
Now, sorry to everyone else.
But Lowe was a valuable part of that truly historic (albeit somewhat overrated) team.
Now the Cubs as presently constituted are no 04 Yankees or 04 BoSOX, but their lineup is as dangerous as any out there today in the post-steroids era. And Lowe made them look lost, with the exception of DeRosa's brilliant AB in the 2nd.
Was it the 2nd? It all went by so fast.
But Lowe, true to his name reduced those mighty Cub bats to too many dribblers and fly balls to the warning track. And how...
Howe?
...how did Derrick Lowe achieve this? He made the gophers and rats of Wrigley worry for their heads by keeping the ball down, down, down. It was over for the Mitt Twister....
That could've been a great nickname for Romney by the way....
Mitt Twister!
....I think I stole that line from a German commercial for Twister...Your kinders vill frolic mit Twister!
Sorry Germans.
But as soon as Ryan D started walking guys in bunches it was only a matter of time before he started missing up in the zone (exactly what happened to the poor bastard the one good game my SOX had against him this year)...and once he started missing up in the zone his evening was done.
Ya gotta be able to keep the ball down if you want to make a dangerous lineup feel helpless.
If you want to make your own team feel helpless, walk a bunch of guys and that'll get the job done.
This is all easy for a douche like me to say, and of course keeping the ball down doesn't prevent Manny from hitting it out of the park. That motherfucker can go so low for a ball he can dig a hole, go down there, stuff some more of that head hay he calls a haircut in his blue rag, hotbox the gophers and rats that lie just below home plate, hit the ball out of the friggin park and be out of there in time to miss another public appearance.
I still think the Cubs can and should win this series. Good luck to the Cubs, their fans and to Carlos "The Hurricane" Zambrano. Bring home a winner tomorrow because I got a feeling the team I love from Chicago may be picking up the pieces from a tough loss in Saint Pete.
I will say one thing in defense of the team I love...I hope Javier goes out tomorrow and pitches a whale of a ballgame just to stick it up the backsides of all those pundits who still think of him as a four inning pitcher. He has offered up some great starts, going late into games near the end of the disastrous 2007 season and this year as well. Go get 'em WhiteSOX! Win one for Dave Wills.


7 Comments:
I haven’t completely givin up but fucking close. I really forgot I am a Cub fan and we don’t win fucking play off games, we have fucking meltdowns of epic proportions and we sure as shit don’t go to World Series.
I have said it before and this band of misfits made me forget it for a time but I will go back to my Cub ways. “ I can’t stop caring and they can’t stop sucking so some one please disband the Cubs and put me out of my misery.”
Most people would be thankful for the great season and to you I say “FUCK OFF”.
Come down from the ledge Meat Head. If the bats don't wake up tonight...then you can jump.
Kuroda is a right handed pitcher - 9 up and 10 down...70 some more Ks than BBs...and he has 116 strikeouts in 183.1 innings pitched. He doesn't have the Wins that either Lowe or Billingsly had, or strikeout per 9 innings as Billingsly but decent strikeout to walk ratio and he is a right hande so I don't know...hope Hardin throws his ass off and it is a close game because if it is close I think the Cubs can do damage to the Dodger pen
Good day !.
might , probably curious to know how one can manage to receive high yields .
There is no initial capital needed You may commense earning with as small sum of money as 20-100 dollars.
AimTrust is what you haven`t ever dreamt of such a chance to become rich
AimTrust represents an offshore structure with advanced asset management technologies in production and delivery of pipes for oil and gas.
It is based in Panama with structures everywhere: In USA, Canada, Cyprus.
Do you want to become really rich in short time?
That`s your chance That`s what you wish in the long run!
I feel good, I began to take up income with the help of this company,
and I invite you to do the same. It`s all about how to choose a proper partner utilizes your money in a right way - that`s it!.
I earn US$2,000 per day, and what I started with was a funny sum of 500 bucks!
It`s easy to start , just click this link http://gaviqufoz.freecities.com/tepuzuba.html
and go! Let`s take our chance together to get rid of nastiness of the life
Hello everyone!
I would like to burn a theme at this forum. There is such a thing, called HYIP, or High Yield Investment Program. It reminds of ponzy-like structure, but in rare cases one may happen to meet a company that really pays up to 2% daily not on invested money, but from real profits.
For quite a long time, I make money with the help of these programs.
I'm with no money problems now, but there are heights that must be conquered . I make 2G daily, and my first investment was 500 dollars only.
Right now, I'm very close at catching at last a guaranteed variant to make a sharp rise . Visit my blog to get additional info.
[url=http://theblogmoney.com] Online investment blog[/url]
Good day, sun shines!
There have were times of hardship when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright stupid person.
I have never thought that there weren't any need in big starting capital.
Now, I'm happy and lucky , I begin to get real money.
It gets down to select a proper partner who utilizes your money in a right way - that is incorporate it in real deals, and shares the income with me.
You may get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please be informed of one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]
Glad to greet you, ladies and gentlemen!
Sure, you’ve heard about me, because my fame is running in front of me,
my name is Peter.
Generally I’m a venturesome analyst. recently I take a great interest in online-casino and poker.
Not long time ago I started my own blog, where I describe my virtual adventures.
Probably, it will be interesting for you to find out about my progress.
Please visit my diary. http://allbestcasino.com I’ll be glad would you find time to leave your comments.
Post a Comment
<< Home