Advertising Coupe
...er, Coup
Everybody knows the Ricketts family plans to welcome the world's largest car maker as their first corporate partner at Wrigley Field. What you might not know is I am working with the face of the organization (I call him Tom) writing the copy for the 50,000 foot sign that will cast its shadow from Waveland to Archer Ave (if we get our way)
Here's an early draft...
"Toyota and the Cubs - once we start going downhill, nothing can stop us!"
DISCLAIMER - I own a Toyota, and don't hate the cubs.
BELIEVE ME!
Ok, maybe I'm still upset that my work on the Chevy Camero partnership with the WhiteSOX was a complete and utter failure. It's not my fault the shirtless mullets who might've been lured by that product couldn't even read my nigh-holophrastic slogan
"BUY CAR CUZ SOX LIKE"
Poor, dumb bastards (or is it dumb, poor bastards)...there wasn't even a word with five letters in that pitch. Peggy Noonan herself couldn't have found a lower common denominator.
Yes she could, or at the very least she'd just b.s. & take credit for my work.
Bitch.
I also don't hate Peggy Noonan.
Everybody knows the Ricketts family plans to welcome the world's largest car maker as their first corporate partner at Wrigley Field. What you might not know is I am working with the face of the organization (I call him Tom) writing the copy for the 50,000 foot sign that will cast its shadow from Waveland to Archer Ave (if we get our way)
Here's an early draft...
"Toyota and the Cubs - once we start going downhill, nothing can stop us!"
DISCLAIMER - I own a Toyota, and don't hate the cubs.
BELIEVE ME!
Ok, maybe I'm still upset that my work on the Chevy Camero partnership with the WhiteSOX was a complete and utter failure. It's not my fault the shirtless mullets who might've been lured by that product couldn't even read my nigh-holophrastic slogan
"BUY CAR CUZ SOX LIKE"
Poor, dumb bastards (or is it dumb, poor bastards)...there wasn't even a word with five letters in that pitch. Peggy Noonan herself couldn't have found a lower common denominator.
Yes she could, or at the very least she'd just b.s. & take credit for my work.
Bitch.
I also don't hate Peggy Noonan.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home