My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Pitching is the Key

...or is it? The most exciting part of the WhiteSOX becoming what they've become (a wannabe Atlanta Braves that got winning the World Series out of the way so I can just enjoy the rest of this)...the most exciting part about the SOX since 2004 have been the pitching moves Kenny has made. In a way, they have come full circle on this and this may lead to a delightful result at the end of the 2010 season.

The WhiteSOX world series run began, NOT with the acquisition of ScottiePODZ as many believe but with the late season trade for Sweaty Freddie Garcia in 2004. Those who know me know I love that dope-smoking, double vodka drinking, big game pressure pitching SOB.

Hmmm, acquiring a big pitcher from the west coast the season before leading to a successful campaign the next year...sound familiar?

Maybe.

Peavy pitched well in September but it's not clear that will mean anything this year. If Peavy turns out to be a true top of the rotation pitcher for an AL club then the SOX could have something special. I love Buehrle whether he starts opening day, pitches 2nd, 3rd wherever...I hope he looks more like 05 and 08 Buehrle rather than second half of 07 and 09 Buehrle. He's entitled to a drop-off with all the innings he's pitched since 04. I'll be happy if he pitches great but will not be surprised if their are some bumps along the way.

The 2nd no-no/perfect game may be one of my favorite baseball memories but let's just see #56 be a solid #2 rack up 200 some innings and pitch the SOX to the post season.

I have every reason to believe Floyd and (my 2nd favorite SOX pitcher) John Danks will continue to make progress. I base that on nothing, cuz I don't know what they did in the off-season....but here's hoping.

All I know is if Freddie Garcia wins 10-12 games as the SOX 5th starter, buy your playoff tickets early folks.

I didn't make that last part up. It comes right from the baseball Zeus. He could be an idiot too...but he's an idiot I admire, so let's call him an authority hmmmmmm

more on pitching if I have any coherent thoughts

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home