Nothing is Meaningless
What?
Did a bunch of writing/organizational crap early on Sat. Got a walk in, even with the big rains...this is what I like about being more walker than golfer these days.
What?
Helped Kim work at Brooks, picked up my check from Uncle Joe, took care of some bills etc...and called my p's.
Happy that the WhiteSOX took the first two games against the cubs. Most people are saying these games are meaningless. For a real SOX fan, there are no meaningless wins. A.) wins have been pretty hard to come by - B.) they are only 7.5 games back, I don't believe this team can win the division but stringing wins together and challenging for something leads to attendance. If they keep sucking or get worse than before then the whole thing bottoms out...
Wins = revenue/butts in seats for the SOX
It's part of why I love being a fan of that franchise. Winning is fun, fun is winning, but more importantly - any sort of success the team enjoys is directly tied to winning.
I'm looking forward to the pitching match up for the Sunday Night Game. Lily is probably still my favorite cub pitcher (crafty left hander that he is) and I am still hopeful Gavin Floyd will turn things around.
Did a bunch of writing/organizational crap early on Sat. Got a walk in, even with the big rains...this is what I like about being more walker than golfer these days.
What?
Helped Kim work at Brooks, picked up my check from Uncle Joe, took care of some bills etc...and called my p's.
Happy that the WhiteSOX took the first two games against the cubs. Most people are saying these games are meaningless. For a real SOX fan, there are no meaningless wins. A.) wins have been pretty hard to come by - B.) they are only 7.5 games back, I don't believe this team can win the division but stringing wins together and challenging for something leads to attendance. If they keep sucking or get worse than before then the whole thing bottoms out...
Wins = revenue/butts in seats for the SOX
It's part of why I love being a fan of that franchise. Winning is fun, fun is winning, but more importantly - any sort of success the team enjoys is directly tied to winning.
I'm looking forward to the pitching match up for the Sunday Night Game. Lily is probably still my favorite cub pitcher (crafty left hander that he is) and I am still hopeful Gavin Floyd will turn things around.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home