What Dunn Does
Offensively it was a great opening to the 2011 campaign. Even Juan P spent a good deal of time on the base paths today. Fausto Carmona has had some great outings against the SOX. This was not one of them. He was up to 65 pitches with no one out in the 3rd inning.
Adam Dunn fanned with a runner at third and no one out in the first. Then he hit a two run bomb in the 3rd to open the floodgates. From all reports, this is what Dunn does. He frustrates the hell out of you with strikeouts and men in scoring position, but then he pounds the ball out of the park at key moments of the game as well.
It's only game one but there were some nice things happening on Friday. I mentioned JP, Bacon looked comfortable hitting in the 2 hole, and CQ did some amazing woodwork batting 6th. No one will know anything about Carlos until he goes one for 20. Then we'll see if he's really overcome his own personal case of the crazies. And this is not a judgement, believe me if I could play baseball I'd be even more of a headcase, with a worse haircut than Quentin or anyone really.
Will O sucked, but I'm not really sure what he was doing out there. I thought he was supposed to be the left-handed, one out guy. LOOGy for those who know. I think that's how you spell it.
Great, now I'm Bluto.
More on the star to the WhiteSOX season throughout the weekend.
Opening Day!
Adam Dunn fanned with a runner at third and no one out in the first. Then he hit a two run bomb in the 3rd to open the floodgates. From all reports, this is what Dunn does. He frustrates the hell out of you with strikeouts and men in scoring position, but then he pounds the ball out of the park at key moments of the game as well.
It's only game one but there were some nice things happening on Friday. I mentioned JP, Bacon looked comfortable hitting in the 2 hole, and CQ did some amazing woodwork batting 6th. No one will know anything about Carlos until he goes one for 20. Then we'll see if he's really overcome his own personal case of the crazies. And this is not a judgement, believe me if I could play baseball I'd be even more of a headcase, with a worse haircut than Quentin or anyone really.
Will O sucked, but I'm not really sure what he was doing out there. I thought he was supposed to be the left-handed, one out guy. LOOGy for those who know. I think that's how you spell it.
Great, now I'm Bluto.
More on the star to the WhiteSOX season throughout the weekend.
Opening Day!


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home