No Right to Expect
or knowing I should have no expectations.
Finished sending back repairs (left over from Friday) to customers. Got that shit done from 7am to 10am. Spent my last hour dealing with paperwork and then was able to enjoy my 1/2 day with a clear conscious.
Beautiful day, did some yard work and worked on the package for Joe, Chris B and D. Looking forward to sending this of and moving on to more work on this, or whatever the next thing is. Or something...
Dropped Kim off at her consultation and hung out with Alex. Then we took the boy shopping for basketball shoes and looked at some winter coats.
Texted JH and let him know I'm not going to be able to play the show on Wed. It's a complete drag - I'd love to play the Fireside and open for the Blind Staggers. Their record is good, I'd want to help my friend, and I'm dying to play something, somewhere, sometime again in my life.
A lot of things have to happen before I am lucky enough to do that.
Sometimes I feel like I've had so many good things happen to me in this life that I really don't have a right to expect any more.
One thing no one can expect good things from is the super committee. In response to their self-acknowledged failure, I refuse to capitalize the name as a form of protest, or a form of laziness since I wasn't sure whether or not to capitalize it in the first place and now I have decided not to go back and change things.
You can't go back and change things.
Where did that come from?
Oh, the super committee failed, but it's failure is like Jay Cutler's broken thumb - - it couldn't have come at a better time. With all the upheaval (and what could come next) in the Eurozone, global investors aren't interested in shifting any more money to what's left of either new or old Europe - they also aren't going to stick their shit in anything dependent on Chinese currency. The Chinese claims 9 to 11 1/2 percent growth in their economy during a given quarter - maybe they do and maybe they don't but what does it matter when Chinese currency is manipulated so easily my the country's leaders for their political - and not the investors' advantage?
So there's no deal in place and automatic spending cuts are set to kick in 2013. A lot can happen between now and then but just like the rest of the NFC (which has some bad football teams claiming to be contenders) a lot of these economic zones won't be looking much better in the foreseeable future.
Finished sending back repairs (left over from Friday) to customers. Got that shit done from 7am to 10am. Spent my last hour dealing with paperwork and then was able to enjoy my 1/2 day with a clear conscious.
Beautiful day, did some yard work and worked on the package for Joe, Chris B and D. Looking forward to sending this of and moving on to more work on this, or whatever the next thing is. Or something...
Dropped Kim off at her consultation and hung out with Alex. Then we took the boy shopping for basketball shoes and looked at some winter coats.
Texted JH and let him know I'm not going to be able to play the show on Wed. It's a complete drag - I'd love to play the Fireside and open for the Blind Staggers. Their record is good, I'd want to help my friend, and I'm dying to play something, somewhere, sometime again in my life.
A lot of things have to happen before I am lucky enough to do that.
Sometimes I feel like I've had so many good things happen to me in this life that I really don't have a right to expect any more.
One thing no one can expect good things from is the super committee. In response to their self-acknowledged failure, I refuse to capitalize the name as a form of protest, or a form of laziness since I wasn't sure whether or not to capitalize it in the first place and now I have decided not to go back and change things.
You can't go back and change things.
Where did that come from?
Oh, the super committee failed, but it's failure is like Jay Cutler's broken thumb - - it couldn't have come at a better time. With all the upheaval (and what could come next) in the Eurozone, global investors aren't interested in shifting any more money to what's left of either new or old Europe - they also aren't going to stick their shit in anything dependent on Chinese currency. The Chinese claims 9 to 11 1/2 percent growth in their economy during a given quarter - maybe they do and maybe they don't but what does it matter when Chinese currency is manipulated so easily my the country's leaders for their political - and not the investors' advantage?
So there's no deal in place and automatic spending cuts are set to kick in 2013. A lot can happen between now and then but just like the rest of the NFC (which has some bad football teams claiming to be contenders) a lot of these economic zones won't be looking much better in the foreseeable future.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home