Long-Haired Rabbi Freak
Thursday & Friday
Alex is trying to get caught up on his schoolwork and he included this thought in a paper on evolution and adaptations: "Some adaptations are really cool and some are just nasty."
Awesome.
Last Friday of drinking before Lent begins. These are my priorities. I sort of earned drinking time. Busted ass at work...came home, took my check right to the bank and busted ass on bills. Ran errands today on lunch and after work.
Enjoyed wings, whiskey, pizza and Star Trek with my little crew.
Rascals and a Fistful of Data
Saturday Feb 8 A Few Lasts
Good news from Chris. He's interested in helping with the May 12 gig. That makes things easy or allows for the opportunity to simplify the set so we can reel back and have some fun.
No way we can get D. He is in LA for the duration. It's a wonderful duration, but he will be missed.
Last Spurs game Their record remained perfect for the season. Took the kids to Flippin' Eggs. The waitresses sang "Happy Birthday" to Bryce. Alex had Finn over after the game and the late breakfast.
Last live post for This is NOT a Memoir for awhile. Spring Break of that year was the last time I really descended into 'I don't know or care where I am, what the fuck I am doing or what's going to happen next' and it still amazes me I came through it. It is not a testament to my strength. It is grace, and probably a lot more than just a little luck.
Kim and Alex went to the South Side and I did some writing. Sent a message to Bill. I asked him to consider debuting his new song at the Blind Staggers' show. He demurred. "Demurred" is too strong of a word. He just didn't want to play his banjolele and offered good reasons for not wanting to do it. He suggested that he might be interested in singing a number. I want that too...we'll see what we can put together.
Kim and Alex came back and we watched another Star Trek. Nice way to end the day. Together.
Sunday February 19
Mass @ 8am, then we sat with the Smiths while the boys did Stations of the Cross. Keegs was Pilate and Alex was an itchy and uncomfortable disciple who was supposed to be sleeping as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Someday I want to travel to the house (now a church) in Capernaum where Jesus cured Peter's mother-in-law. I bet she still bugged Peter to get a real job instead of following that long-haired rabbi freak around.
Watched the Knicks, then Alex and I played hoops. I walked down to mail Kim's OSF bill I was cold. I am an old-ass man.
Kim, Alex, Cookie and I went to Brooks. Kim and Cookie worked on school while Alex and I shot hoops. Alex and I went to the music building for his lesson with Garth. Garth told us about his audition for the Chicago Civic Orchestra. It was a recorded audition. You go in this awesome sounding room with your horn and you play into the mic. Wild.
Came home and watched Parts I and II of Star Trek NG Change of Command. Alex hit the hay and Kim and I finished Midnight in Paris. Owen Wilson is more Woody Allen than Woody Allen, and I am still wondering if that is a good thing Fun, imaginative picture so that's always a good thing.
Alex is trying to get caught up on his schoolwork and he included this thought in a paper on evolution and adaptations: "Some adaptations are really cool and some are just nasty."
Awesome.
Last Friday of drinking before Lent begins. These are my priorities. I sort of earned drinking time. Busted ass at work...came home, took my check right to the bank and busted ass on bills. Ran errands today on lunch and after work.
Enjoyed wings, whiskey, pizza and Star Trek with my little crew.
Rascals and a Fistful of Data
Saturday Feb 8 A Few Lasts
Good news from Chris. He's interested in helping with the May 12 gig. That makes things easy or allows for the opportunity to simplify the set so we can reel back and have some fun.
No way we can get D. He is in LA for the duration. It's a wonderful duration, but he will be missed.
Last Spurs game Their record remained perfect for the season. Took the kids to Flippin' Eggs. The waitresses sang "Happy Birthday" to Bryce. Alex had Finn over after the game and the late breakfast.
Last live post for This is NOT a Memoir for awhile. Spring Break of that year was the last time I really descended into 'I don't know or care where I am, what the fuck I am doing or what's going to happen next' and it still amazes me I came through it. It is not a testament to my strength. It is grace, and probably a lot more than just a little luck.
Kim and Alex went to the South Side and I did some writing. Sent a message to Bill. I asked him to consider debuting his new song at the Blind Staggers' show. He demurred. "Demurred" is too strong of a word. He just didn't want to play his banjolele and offered good reasons for not wanting to do it. He suggested that he might be interested in singing a number. I want that too...we'll see what we can put together.
Kim and Alex came back and we watched another Star Trek. Nice way to end the day. Together.
Sunday February 19
Mass @ 8am, then we sat with the Smiths while the boys did Stations of the Cross. Keegs was Pilate and Alex was an itchy and uncomfortable disciple who was supposed to be sleeping as Jesus prayed in the Garden of Gethsemane.
Someday I want to travel to the house (now a church) in Capernaum where Jesus cured Peter's mother-in-law. I bet she still bugged Peter to get a real job instead of following that long-haired rabbi freak around.
Watched the Knicks, then Alex and I played hoops. I walked down to mail Kim's OSF bill I was cold. I am an old-ass man.
Kim, Alex, Cookie and I went to Brooks. Kim and Cookie worked on school while Alex and I shot hoops. Alex and I went to the music building for his lesson with Garth. Garth told us about his audition for the Chicago Civic Orchestra. It was a recorded audition. You go in this awesome sounding room with your horn and you play into the mic. Wild.
Came home and watched Parts I and II of Star Trek NG Change of Command. Alex hit the hay and Kim and I finished Midnight in Paris. Owen Wilson is more Woody Allen than Woody Allen, and I am still wondering if that is a good thing Fun, imaginative picture so that's always a good thing.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home