My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Imagine My Horror

Remembered (or so I thought) to DVR the Hawks game.  Ran a bunch of errands with the boy, dropped him off at Blue Line Driving, ran more errands then picked him up from Blue Line Driving. Got home and we bolted in front of the tv together to watch the game against St. Lou (already in progress) from the beginning.

Imagine my horror to find that what I actually recorded was pale British men kicking an only slightly whiter ball.  I sat stupefied and stupid, staring at my idiocy made manifest on the idiot box in the form of this so-called futbol match for several minutes.  Then...

Alex: This isn't the Hawks.
Me:    I know son.
Alex: This is soccer.
Me:    I know son.
Alex: I thought you didn't like soccer.
Me:   I don't son.
Alex: Then like, what are you doing?
Me     I'm praying the soccer will turn into hockey.

1 Comments:

Blogger aka goo said...

Soccer in my area involves lots of very loud sweaty men, lots of Corona, punctuated with GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL. So glad to be out of the condo complex. Less of that specific group of people in the house neighborhood. One of my fellow teachers is from Chicagoland (he's been gone from there longer than I have from IN), and still has Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Sox, and Blackhawks stuff covering his classroom walls.

5:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home