Da Panthers
L. Smith and his crew did a good job this year – in spite of the way it ended. Carolina just found a personnel package that exploited a weakness in the Tampa 2…by personnel package I mean Steve Smith. He was the best player on the field yesterday – and I don’t really like Steve Smith – I tend not to like, or care a lot about wide receivers in general. He was truly great.
We had a bunch of people over so it turned out to be a fun day. I was a little bummed because I couldn’t go to the Chili party on Sat night – Kim and I only had one night of babysitting to use this weekend – it was either my birthday or the Chili Solstice. I love Paul and there were going to be people there that I haven’t seen in awhile…and sure, I see my wife everyday…but we don’t get to go on dates every day, every week – whatever…so I made my choice and I stand by it. I love my friends and they have been wonderful to me…but my story is a love story. I love my wife and I’d been looking forward to going on a date w/ her for weeks. End of story.
I’ve got a bunch of practical bullcrap to do today to get ready for the semester – and I have to work at hhe this afternoon. By Thursday I will be in full swing with the next phase of my work on Adams. I’ll have all three classes up ‘n running by then (yeah right) and I can turn some of my attention back to Adams. Enough on the nothing I am working on right now.
Larry’s computer is fixed and we’ll be back on it Thursday. He’s cool. He knows we were unhappy w/ the first round of mixing and has offered us a free session. We’ll do two hours on Thursday at 7pm. It’ll either be STUPID NOW (which needs a new title) or DIL. I know that I was the guy who was saying DIL should be our first single blah, blah, blah…but just looking at everyone’s faces when we listened to the tracks a few weeks ago – especially Devin’s – when STUPID NOW came on, Devin had a look on his face, and then said: “This is the first thing we did in here and it’s still the best thing we’ve done here.” He said it like he was sort of (and this is too strong of a word) disgusted by that. I don’t think it’s that bad that the first thing was the best thing (and by the way – we’re not done yet)…that’s what has happened so far. I can’t be disgusted or even bothered by that. I understand and can accept what has happened so far – and know I still have the future to do something about whatever…
OK – I’ve got to get back to work here – or I’m going to have a future with no lecture notes for the students on my new grading scheme.
The kids would love that.
We had a bunch of people over so it turned out to be a fun day. I was a little bummed because I couldn’t go to the Chili party on Sat night – Kim and I only had one night of babysitting to use this weekend – it was either my birthday or the Chili Solstice. I love Paul and there were going to be people there that I haven’t seen in awhile…and sure, I see my wife everyday…but we don’t get to go on dates every day, every week – whatever…so I made my choice and I stand by it. I love my friends and they have been wonderful to me…but my story is a love story. I love my wife and I’d been looking forward to going on a date w/ her for weeks. End of story.
I’ve got a bunch of practical bullcrap to do today to get ready for the semester – and I have to work at hhe this afternoon. By Thursday I will be in full swing with the next phase of my work on Adams. I’ll have all three classes up ‘n running by then (yeah right) and I can turn some of my attention back to Adams. Enough on the nothing I am working on right now.
Larry’s computer is fixed and we’ll be back on it Thursday. He’s cool. He knows we were unhappy w/ the first round of mixing and has offered us a free session. We’ll do two hours on Thursday at 7pm. It’ll either be STUPID NOW (which needs a new title) or DIL. I know that I was the guy who was saying DIL should be our first single blah, blah, blah…but just looking at everyone’s faces when we listened to the tracks a few weeks ago – especially Devin’s – when STUPID NOW came on, Devin had a look on his face, and then said: “This is the first thing we did in here and it’s still the best thing we’ve done here.” He said it like he was sort of (and this is too strong of a word) disgusted by that. I don’t think it’s that bad that the first thing was the best thing (and by the way – we’re not done yet)…that’s what has happened so far. I can’t be disgusted or even bothered by that. I understand and can accept what has happened so far – and know I still have the future to do something about whatever…
OK – I’ve got to get back to work here – or I’m going to have a future with no lecture notes for the students on my new grading scheme.
The kids would love that.


2 Comments:
A new title for Stupid Now? How about Who's Stupid Now? Or, Stick It.
I like stick it because it does not contain the words STUPID or NOW in the title. I love the riff we came up with - the lyrics are fine - but the title sucks...we've got to change Hey Lucky too...ain't no big thang
Post a Comment
<< Home