The Guy Who Follows the Guy
If I ever hear the term “super duper precedent” applied to a Supreme Court case – or anything…I’m going to freak out.
I triple dog dare the Honorable Senators to confirm Judge Ito, but put him on double secret probation.
Sen. Spector is looking much better than he did during the Roberts confirmation. What am I, the Mr. Beigewell for the Beltway? I think it was the late Sen. D.P. Moynihan who said that politics was show business for ugly people. I tried radio, but I guess I missed my true calling. Apparently, radio requires that you are ugly and talented.
…actually, radio doesn’t REQUIRE one to be ugly – look at Imus. He’s just poured into that hat.
I am not going to listen to the Durbin questions. I’ve met our Senator and respect him for his public service…
A serious point on Durbin: I wanted to show up when he supported the protestors of the Veep’s visit to the NIU Convocation Center. I wanted to ask the Senator if he thought the Convocation Center looked like a big gray hockey puck. Hey, I’m a voter – I deserve an answer to that question!
I love DeKalb – but friggin’ Molly’s disgraced our town when VicePresident Cheney came for the fundraising wing ding. They wanted to welcome the VicePresident to our town – and while I have my beefs with the current administration, the war, the hurricane, leaks and treason…I think that someone like the VicePresident embodies the office – so if you have issues with the man – you must respect the office. Anyway – Molly’s wanted to welcome him, and doing that properly requires that they show respect for the office and put up a sign like: ‘WELCOME MR. VICE PRESIDENT…WELCOME TO THE VICE PRESIDENT’…they could include his last name – but to do what they did…
Their sign said: “WELCOME CHANNEY.” If the VicePresident drove in, you know he’d have gotten out of the car and kicked some ass. Thank goodness he flew in on a jet pack or something.
All the concern the Dems have for this notion that Judge Ito will replace Justice SDO’C is curious…the source of their argument is that the nominee is radically different from the Justice he is replacing. Don’t they claim to be the party of change? The Elephants took the Congress in ’94 as the true party of change…they certainly have shown (in the past five years) the ability to change their views (radically) on deficit spending and BIG GOVERNMENT! Now our president’s men are putting forth judicial nominees that represent (to some) a radical change in things like the Supreme Court…
- Things that make you go: ‘ed doesn’t know what he is talking about.’
Working my ass off on the Adams stuff for my meeting with Glenn tomorrow. Hopefully the Dept will receive the “impacted” funding and I can teach this class. I will be paid to finish the dIs – and really forced to finish the damn thing so I can teach the class properly.
Uh oh, here comes another list from a Republican Senator who reminds us where Judge Ito ruled for the “little guy.”
Who knew the guy presided over so many cases involving midgets…
I triple dog dare the Honorable Senators to confirm Judge Ito, but put him on double secret probation.
Sen. Spector is looking much better than he did during the Roberts confirmation. What am I, the Mr. Beigewell for the Beltway? I think it was the late Sen. D.P. Moynihan who said that politics was show business for ugly people. I tried radio, but I guess I missed my true calling. Apparently, radio requires that you are ugly and talented.
…actually, radio doesn’t REQUIRE one to be ugly – look at Imus. He’s just poured into that hat.
I am not going to listen to the Durbin questions. I’ve met our Senator and respect him for his public service…
A serious point on Durbin: I wanted to show up when he supported the protestors of the Veep’s visit to the NIU Convocation Center. I wanted to ask the Senator if he thought the Convocation Center looked like a big gray hockey puck. Hey, I’m a voter – I deserve an answer to that question!
I love DeKalb – but friggin’ Molly’s disgraced our town when VicePresident Cheney came for the fundraising wing ding. They wanted to welcome the VicePresident to our town – and while I have my beefs with the current administration, the war, the hurricane, leaks and treason…I think that someone like the VicePresident embodies the office – so if you have issues with the man – you must respect the office. Anyway – Molly’s wanted to welcome him, and doing that properly requires that they show respect for the office and put up a sign like: ‘WELCOME MR. VICE PRESIDENT…WELCOME TO THE VICE PRESIDENT’…they could include his last name – but to do what they did…
Their sign said: “WELCOME CHANNEY.” If the VicePresident drove in, you know he’d have gotten out of the car and kicked some ass. Thank goodness he flew in on a jet pack or something.
All the concern the Dems have for this notion that Judge Ito will replace Justice SDO’C is curious…the source of their argument is that the nominee is radically different from the Justice he is replacing. Don’t they claim to be the party of change? The Elephants took the Congress in ’94 as the true party of change…they certainly have shown (in the past five years) the ability to change their views (radically) on deficit spending and BIG GOVERNMENT! Now our president’s men are putting forth judicial nominees that represent (to some) a radical change in things like the Supreme Court…
- Things that make you go: ‘ed doesn’t know what he is talking about.’
Working my ass off on the Adams stuff for my meeting with Glenn tomorrow. Hopefully the Dept will receive the “impacted” funding and I can teach this class. I will be paid to finish the dIs – and really forced to finish the damn thing so I can teach the class properly.
Uh oh, here comes another list from a Republican Senator who reminds us where Judge Ito ruled for the “little guy.”
Who knew the guy presided over so many cases involving midgets…


13 Comments:
You got a million of 'em, don't you, folks?
Liberals are isolationists, conservatives are radicals, big government is small government, originalists are activists, day is night, night is day, ipso facto, over under sideways down.
I never met an ideology that didn't look better triangulated!
...Just act the Pythagoreans...
ba dump bump
I can't believe you are still watching or listening to the hearings. After each republican senator used their opening statement as an opportunity to give Lido a BJ I started to tune out. Also, noone ever really answers a question anymore. Almost every question is answered with "It doesn't matter what I've done in the past or what I think but only what the constitution says and how I do not yet know how I will interpret it." Just tell the good senators what things you support killing and what you do not and then we'll all have a vote.
Yeah, this is a real disappiontment after Roberts...even though he didn't answer any of the questions many wanted him to (either) -
I wanted to discuss this, but the best I could do was hint at it in the title...I have the feeling I might be in the minority on what I think the sucesses of the Roberts confirmation were...
Did any of that make any sense?
Unfortunately, I've got to listen to this. I'm teaching Religion & the Constitution this Spriung - and I'm bound to get questions on the hearings.
My students, like many Americans think the constitution only means what the judges say it means and they (like many Americans) treat these hearings as the last line on the battlefield for the ideological "soul" of the SC and thereby - the nation.
Yeah, it's kind of boring. The questions are more interesting than the answers. I've turned it back on and they are arguing the phrasing of the senate questionaire. What a snoozefest.
This recusal argument is kind of fun though but a little catty.
VANGARD! It's like Battle of the PLanets or something.
Chuckie Schumer is being a total dick!
I like to call him C-Schu
What the fuck is John Cornyn getting at with the animal holocaust thing? PETA is full of nut jobs but he is pushing his own political agenda by trying to paint all liberals as extremists. And now he'll continue with his blowjob.
PETA should be "up in paws" over all the dogs and ponies abused in ridiculous displays like this.
Someone slap a robe on Exquisito and let the "unlegislating" begin!
Has no one yet remarked that these hearings are like those old domestic spats with the kid around, the nominee being the kid, and the point of him being around, unclear:
"Honey, will you tell your father I am sick of picking up his stinky socks when the hamper is three feet away."
"Buddy, tell your Ma that I don't work ten hours a day to come home and be harangued by a half-drunk shrew..."
"Sweetheart, tell your father that if he seemed for one minute interested in our lives here at home he wouldn't have to worry about being harrassed by his wife or--"
"Pal, tell your Ma that if she seemed for one minute interested in looking halfway presentable when Daddy brings home clients to..."
etc.
That's a good point. Only every once in a while they stop yelling at each other long enough to alternatley scold or pamper the kid.
Now I can't get the image of Alito in a diaper and bonnet out of my head. Where's that bottle of liquor?
Keep up the good work » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home