More Thoughts on Not Much
…I’m not going to say anything directly about the rumblings and maybe even the coming fear on K Street. I actually like lobbyists. “Like” might be too strong of a word. I think lobbyists have some rights with respect to government…after all they paid for it. Yeah sure, the tax payers pay for even more of it - but for the most part, they/we don't give a crap. The tax payers are like the hard working parent that gives their kid some money for college, never asks about the classes - but tells the kid: "You better get A's." This is all so easy for me to say, joke about – whatever – after all I’m safe and worm…er, warm in my little womb here in my own private United States Minor Outlying Islands. We have the K Lot which is part of the greater university parking network…
Yesterday was the first day of classes and I met many of my new students. I’m doing different stuff this semester. I’ve even turned part of my class into a riddle. I do not like the bookstore. For the past few years, I’ve employed e-reserves for several of my classes. This semester I’m giving the kids five open book quizzes.
Riddle: How do you have an open book quiz in a class with no textbook?
Ok, I didn’t say it was a particularly interesting riddle.
I’ve always had these hostile, or at least unfriendly thoughts towards Scottie Mac. It’s another case of the guy that follows the guy…whatever one thinks about the g bushy admin – Ari F was an awesome official mouthpiece. Any interview with him (especially now, or w/in the last two years) has been gold. Not that he’s giving away any big secrets or anything – he just has some funny stories. My favorite was the strike our president threw at the World Series (2001). Mr. F. talked about the Prez and his advisors being down in the Yankee Clubhouse discussing how Mr. Bush should throw out the first pitch. They decided since the Prez has to wear like 60 pounds of Kevlar – he’d throw the first pitch from the front part of the mound. It was all agreed until Derek Jeter, who overheard the conversation said:
“Mr. President, this is Yankee Stadium. If you throw out the first pitch from the front of the mound, they’re gonna boo ya.”
g bushy: “Do ya think?”
Then the Prez got back together with his advisors and they weighed the pros and cons – maybe consulted polling data. They finally re-decided that the president would throw out the first pitch from the rubber – just like the Rocket. This brought out a big cheer from the Yankee Clubhouse. As g bushy was walking out, Derek Jeter offered this last bit of advice to him:
“You know Mr. President, this is Yankee Stadium. If you throw out the first pitch from the rubber, and you bounce it – they’re gonna boo ya.”
Yesterday was the first day of classes and I met many of my new students. I’m doing different stuff this semester. I’ve even turned part of my class into a riddle. I do not like the bookstore. For the past few years, I’ve employed e-reserves for several of my classes. This semester I’m giving the kids five open book quizzes.
Riddle: How do you have an open book quiz in a class with no textbook?
Ok, I didn’t say it was a particularly interesting riddle.
I’ve always had these hostile, or at least unfriendly thoughts towards Scottie Mac. It’s another case of the guy that follows the guy…whatever one thinks about the g bushy admin – Ari F was an awesome official mouthpiece. Any interview with him (especially now, or w/in the last two years) has been gold. Not that he’s giving away any big secrets or anything – he just has some funny stories. My favorite was the strike our president threw at the World Series (2001). Mr. F. talked about the Prez and his advisors being down in the Yankee Clubhouse discussing how Mr. Bush should throw out the first pitch. They decided since the Prez has to wear like 60 pounds of Kevlar – he’d throw the first pitch from the front part of the mound. It was all agreed until Derek Jeter, who overheard the conversation said:
“Mr. President, this is Yankee Stadium. If you throw out the first pitch from the front of the mound, they’re gonna boo ya.”
g bushy: “Do ya think?”
Then the Prez got back together with his advisors and they weighed the pros and cons – maybe consulted polling data. They finally re-decided that the president would throw out the first pitch from the rubber – just like the Rocket. This brought out a big cheer from the Yankee Clubhouse. As g bushy was walking out, Derek Jeter offered this last bit of advice to him:
“You know Mr. President, this is Yankee Stadium. If you throw out the first pitch from the rubber, and you bounce it – they’re gonna boo ya.”


9 Comments:
Who knew Derek Jeter was such a smart ass?
In regards to your riddle, is it that these quizzes could be conducted using any book?
Good luck with your new classes.
That's a great "alternate" answer. You could be the next Oedipus...
...Please don't take that to mean that I think you are a motherfucker.
Congrats on the job Mikey
If I were in your class, I'd offer the following:
"Well, sir, I'm guessing all of the material will be coming from your head. Therefore it would have to be an "open head quiz"."
Then I'd hit you with a chair.
It'll take more than opening my head up with a chair to get anything like useful information out of me...
...or something resembling a readable sentence
"The tax payers are like the hard working parent that gives their kid some money for college, never asks about the classes - but tells the kid: "You better get A's."
And the lobbyists are their professors who tell their students "It's an open book quiz"--when there's no book! I get it! That's an ingenious analogy, dude!
I extend PartyThumb in your general direction!
Well done Mr. Prairie Dawg. I knew you wouldn't need the book.
PARTY THUMB!!!!
And we lobbyists like you too.
Any truth to the rumor that lobbyists are trying to defuse this K street kaos by "classing" it up a bit and calling themselves "antechamberists" or "vestibulists?"*
*band name alert
Enjoyed a lot! Lv womens accessory handbag Mitsubishi 82 tv I ionamin lost weight Used honda acura car parts World championship poker 2 codes for ps2 Mercedes customize http://www.powdercoatwheels.info/hempsteadnewyorkrentalcars.html Dog car sear cover Allergies from latex gloves Dell 4600 pc and graphics card Currency trading info Find a stop smoking program smoke away Maryville tn jobs http://www.lexapro-half-life.info/Carcovers.html Information diet pill slim project Porn sites thick big monster cocks Hangable wooden shelves
Post a Comment
<< Home