2006 Baseball Predictions

I Promise This Will Be the Only Picture of My Dumb Ass Ever Posted Here
I Am Using It To Announce My...
Baseball Predictions
Here are my Chicago baseball predictions for the upcoming season. I have done this for years in my journal and now thanks to blogger, the internets can marvel at how wrong a man can be.
1. Best Batting Avg. on WhiteSox: 15 Tadahito Iguchi
2. Best Batting Avg. in Chicago (both sides): 25 Derrek Lee
3. Most Saves in Chicago (both sides): 46 Neal Cotts
4. Most stolen bases in Chicago: 9 Juan Pierre
5. Most Homeruns on WhiteSox: 25 Jim Thome
6. Most Homeruns in Chicago (both sides): 25 Jim Thome
7. Pitcher with the most wins in Chicago: 52 Jose Contreras
8.) Sox Record: 88-74. I’m not sure if that will be enough which brings me to my next prediction…
9.) Will the Sox Repeat? I hope I’m wrong, but no I don’t think they will. I'm not even sure if 88 wins will be enough to get them to the playoffs. There are improvements throughout the AL Central and out on the East Cost it looks like the Toronto Blue Jays actually want to contend for a wild card. I will cheer my ass off and probably puff out my chest until the last strike determines the new WS champion.
10.) Cubs Record 70-92. Believe it or not friends who are Cubs fans, I hope I am wrong.
11.) Chicago Cubs Baseball Prediction Pulled out of My Ass: D-Lee will win the MVP if the Cubs do not sign him before the season starts (I better check if they’ve signed him yet…this prediction might be even more bullshit than I thought at first).
12.) Chicago WhiteSox Prediction Pulled out of My Ass: Kenny W. will acquire one MAJOR superstar for the Sox by the trade deadline this season (and no Santi he will not trade for Carl Everett for the 5th time).
I’ll have an update at season’s end (hopefully sometime in November when one of these teams is crowned W.S. Champion…uh, we’re all probably going to be waiting at least another 88 years for something like that, right?) – and we can add more evidence to the “ed is stupid” file.
Even though I do not like Dusty Baker (I just wanted to vomit in fucking 2003 when those blue haired fans of the Blue Team wore their “In Dusty We Trusty” t-shirts – YUCK fucking YUCK!), and I think our friends at the Tribune are super dicks I am going to try to pull for the Cubs this year. I’m not sure if I’ve ever written the word “Cubs” so many times. I’ve told some of my Cubs fan friends (and students who are Cubs fans) this and they’ve all told me (except Dev) to KEEP IT! WE DON’T NEED YOU. I am undeterred by their rebukes. I enjoin fans of both teams to become bi-Soxual, at least for the 2006 Season. What is so special about 2006 and Chicago baseball? This is the 100th Anniversary of the only Sox/Cubs World Series. What better year to end all the hostilities betweens fans of the Black Team and the Blue Team?
Just to demonstrate my determination to become bi-Soxual, I’m gonna make out with Santi at the Ray Davies show on Sat.
There’s an image for y’all.


20 Comments:
Keep me abreast of any extra-Davies activities you guys might be pursuing. Old Dog slips in and out of the city without a word all the time (until I read about what he ate on his blog). Don't you be a stranger, EdP.
I will not be a stranger Mr G. Actually Kim and I are celebrating our 15th anniversary the night of the show so we may be breaking off from the group after RD. However, I plan on dragging the OD out to the big City to take you out very soon. I want to buy you drinks and ask you things...especially about how ya make something like the gunderstore.
You rock and we'll talk!
Well, like I say "There's no 'team' in I!" Kaka is not a fan of team sports--but you guys just go ahead with your baseball stuff.
In short:
LESS BASEBALL!
MORE ED!
MORE ED!
MORE ED!
I like "there's no team in I"
More ed is coming soon...and I promise to spare the readers the sordid details of me 'n Santi's make-out session
No, we need every detail.
"Other People's Lives" was very disappointing, but I imagine the show will still be great. Seemed like whoever produced OPL just made some poor decisions. Like the U2/October style bass/guitar thing on the first track. Oh, Ray. You rock intrinsically. What are you trying to prove?
I do like the song about the neighbor, the Arthuresque one with the refrain that always ends with "together".
As I told Santi, if you want recapture some Kinks fervor, get the new Graham Coxon. Graham, I have decided, is the new DAVE Davies. "Love at Illegal Speeds" is all recycled riffs and subpar lyrics, but it's so damn EXUBERANT. It makes me want to drive very fast. And litter. It makes me want to litter.
So if you talk to Ray, tell him to hire on Graham. That's the show I want to see. Well, that and the Santi makeour session.
i miss blur - i love the guitar sound of one graham coxon. modern life is rubbish is one of my all-time favs. swammi mike predicts a break out year for joe crede - .280/30/90. yup. as for the rest of the sox - ed's probably pretty on-target. time for my nap. c.m.
As you may know, my wife's uncle is the vice president of marketing for the Cubs, John McDonough. He is involved in a fundraiser/raffle and has donated a prize of four box tickets to a Cubs home game and getting to throw out the first pitch at the game. It's a good charity to help a boy who has cerbral palsy. Anyone interested, please let me know.
You forgot the last prediction...
Devin stomping around the house crying, "Stupid F'ing Cubs!"
Oh yeah,living here is a real treat come late summer. And by "real treat" I mean it really fucking sucks. I don't know if I can take it again!
Wish me luck. Or rather, wish the Cubs luck. Please!
I'm just happy to see you back behind bars. That pic rules.
Oops. Busted by Gundy!
I'm glad to see the Ed Quaida photo again.
Michael on Fargo: John McDonough seems to be the one guy in that whole fucking organization that seems to have a sense of humor! Sorry, I'm supposed to be bi-Soxual. That's cool that he's your uncle-in-law. What's the cost of a ticket? How do you want the money? Lemme know - I'm in.
...and Ms. KConflict - I say Good Luck to you, Elli, Daddy and the Cubs.
Dev seems to be a changed man, he'll probably say in a moderatly loud tone: "Unintelligent Fornicating Cubs!"
Little ears ya know...
Raffle tickets for that prize are 10 bones a pop. I'll get you details later. I am trying to get direct contact info from the organizer who is another uncle who is the grand uncle of the boy (Eli) in question.
By the way CM - you bet I'll take 90 RBIs from Crede
I came away from the davies show "very-not bo-sexual"...i hate that team and their manager! What a boring series last year. But, what a starting staff! The best in baseball. Clearly, we never know in the world of baseball. All I hope for is that Sandy Koufax is exonerated for his beamings. And Drysdale! Just play the game and get past the steroid crap. Mitchell? What will this bring?
All records on hold? I doubt Ripken was using shit outside of aspirin. Let's keep it real. and we did not make out (but, it was vey, very close)
I was very proud of Santi last night...
I understood every word he said, including: "Get out of me."
Here's the non-solo stuff Ray Davies played Saturday night, in no particular order. An embarrassment of riches:
I’m Not Like Everybody Else
Where Have All the Good Times Gone
Till the End of the Day
20th Century Man
Set Me Free
Apeman
Harry Rag (?....!!!!) (excerpt)
This is Where I Belong (excerpt)
Alcohol (excerpt)
Village Green
Picture Book
Big Sky
Sunny Afternoon
Dead End Street
Oklahoma U.S.A.
Low Budget
A Long Way from Home
Days
Lola
All Day and All of the Night
You Really Got Me
Oh, I forgot:
Tired of Waiting for You
Coming from a Cubs fan. You are right about the Cubs you are wrong about the Sox's.
As much as it pains me I have to give props to the Sox. They are making a real good run at being "the" Chicago Baseball team. Leaving the Cubs the nice beer garden on the North Side that sometimes has a baseball team. It will depend on who they are playing.
It really pisses me off what the Cubs did, or lack of what they did, in the off season.
This coming from a season ticket holder who goes to 30+ Cub games a year. I am moving away from Chicago this year so maybe won't make that many games.
It will prolbaly be for the best. Don't know if I have th stomach to make it through that many games. Will need the option of turning off the TV in disgust.
Meat Head - I hope I am wrong about the number of Sox wins. I hope it's more like 95 wins. I hope the Sox get fat on the AL Central...but we'll see how good the Indians are (and the Tigers and the new/old look Royals). I also hope I'm wrong on the Cubs - but with that pitching staff, even when/if they get Prior/Wood back...they will be rusty and who knows what Cubs fans will get.
Good luck with the move and good luck with the Cubs Meat Head!
Post a Comment
<< Home