Oh Goodness Gracious
So the S&P finally loses that batrillion dollar Frito it has up its ass and decides Go0oooogle is ok, even though they (da Googleerzzz) don’t offer investors earning predictions. The old school Street dicks who held their noses up can now feel free to suck it. The fact that there are some so dedicated to a convention like predicting future earnings (even if only for the next quarter)…these things help demonstrate how utterly mindless MINDLESS CONVENTIONS CAN BE! I’m no economist but haven’t overly optimistic earnings predictions (not to say out and out balance sheet fuckery) led to troubles minor and major in recent years?
Yes it may invite mischief but it’s our mindless convention.
Good for Goo0oo0oogle. First the Dutch Auction for the initial offering, now this. Whoever is behind this grand strategy at G let me say that it is beautiful to someone like me. A “tech” stock, something from the realm of the new, bucks the system in part by returning to business principles from the past (uh, sort of). The history of the Dutch Auction is fascinating to me. Now exhibiting a sort of grand old air of confidence: ‘We don’t need to project our earnings. We are making money now. That should be good enough for you.’
Do I think more businesses should follow the example of Goo00oogle, or this should be the way of the future? Hell no! I don’t care about someone leading the lemmings to economic Valhalla. I'm not even sure that Goo000ooo000gle is doing the right thing in the short, or long term. I just like the renegade. I love the outsider. Yeah, it’s a billion dollar outsider – but an outsider nonetheless.
Did I mention I love blogger?
Yes it may invite mischief but it’s our mindless convention.
Good for Goo0oo0oogle. First the Dutch Auction for the initial offering, now this. Whoever is behind this grand strategy at G let me say that it is beautiful to someone like me. A “tech” stock, something from the realm of the new, bucks the system in part by returning to business principles from the past (uh, sort of). The history of the Dutch Auction is fascinating to me. Now exhibiting a sort of grand old air of confidence: ‘We don’t need to project our earnings. We are making money now. That should be good enough for you.’
Do I think more businesses should follow the example of Goo00oogle, or this should be the way of the future? Hell no! I don’t care about someone leading the lemmings to economic Valhalla. I'm not even sure that Goo000ooo000gle is doing the right thing in the short, or long term. I just like the renegade. I love the outsider. Yeah, it’s a billion dollar outsider – but an outsider nonetheless.
Did I mention I love blogger?


5 Comments:
is that bald blowhole on cable still hyping the stock to john q. dunce? hear the train a'comin... buy google buy google buy google buy google buy google buy google! meanwhile, what do you suppose he and his W.S. buddies did back in february? c.m.
Can I be Jim Q Dunce?
By the way, I'd love to hear a CM rant on Gooo00gle in these circumstances since you know more about actual money issues than I do. I just love their f'you presentation when placed side by side with the old conventional notions of investing.
It seems ironic that workers and companies are expected to continually improve, change and grow but the market is unsettled when someone bucks convention a bit (even if it's with old-school business practices).
I think it's unsettling in the wake of Enron (who appeared to be this uber-corp). I'm not saying Google is a sham, but where are there revenues coming from to total $1 billion?
They have so much ad revenue coming in it is retarded. Everyone wants a piece of the biggest internet firm to survive the .com bust. They are smart bastards. Why make speculations on growth or dividends when that can only make you beholden to stockholders and business media that will dump you if your return percentage is off? Fuck that! Then you have to cook the books to cover your ass ala Enron. We all know how that ended. I am confident they are not going that route cuz they didn't commit themselves to that route. If they drop by even 30% in value they are in good shape. Maybe they'd just have to scale back on the perks that everyone else already dumped 6 years ago. In the meantime, I can't afford their stock, so what the fuck do I care?
best regards, nice info » »
Post a Comment
<< Home