My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Tuesday, July 25, 2006

The Twins Can Bite My Bag

My family made it back safely and I am truly thankful.

On the baseball front let me say – I don’t have anything against the Tigers. I like how they are doing what the SOX did last year. I don’t hate the Cubs in spite of all the banter here. Since ’03 and what turned out to be the over hyping of Mark Prior I don’t really care all that much about them. I like to say things that stir up some crap up here and there. But I hate the Twins. I hate to see ‘em put it on the SOX like they have the past two nights.

The Twins should’ve been fucking contracted four years ago. What the fuck happened to that motherfucking plan! They could’ve been contracted and somehow brought the Brewers back to the AL where they belong. I have to tell myself that the SOX finally broke through and have actually beat out the Twins & Indians for the Division and got to, and won, the World Series – but the last two nights have just reminded me how that crapbag team that plays in a stadium with garbage bags wadded up over the empty seats – have handed to the SOX over the years.

What would Hawk say?

“That is total B.S.!”

Every time Joe Mauer comes to the plate the pitcher must go: “I didn’t know that Frankenstein was in the lineup tonight!”

I wish the cubs got Mauer and the stupid Twinkies got Broke Arm.

Ok, this little bout of pissiness has come full circle. I can leave with what little dignity I have left.

Yeah, fat chance of that happening.

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who are the twins?

8:50 PM  
Blogger edP said...

The Twins are a stupid baseball team from stupid Minnesota. Now Minnesota has certainly given us things that aren't stupid like say, the Replacements...ok that was a bad example because they were sort of stupid...but at least they rocked. So maybe if the Minnesota Twins could just be like Bob Stinson and DIE we'd all be a lot happier.

That's not nice.

Thannks for stopping by, and good for you not knowing who the Twins are. Baseball occupies too much space in my head.

6:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Mrs. Edp and Edp Jr.!

8:07 AM  
Blogger kroushlconflict said...

Happy the fam is back safely!

Just to keep the banter going, I thought the Cubs played a respectable series against the Mets. Even the over-hyped Prior did okay.

Sorry bout the Twins.

8:44 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Thanks Ms K. Glad you had fun on the Vay Cay.

These guys like Dusty I think and I think some of the players are actually playing for his job.

Stupid Twins!

I actually think they have one of the best if not the best organizations in baseball, maybe in all sports. They always seem to draft the right guy, plug the right guy in - I know they haven't made it to the World Series since the early '90's - but they kept ketting ousted by the best franchise in all sports anywhere - stupid Yankees!

I thought it was sweet how your sister posted on your blog. It's funny, I am very happy when my sister posts on my blog. She doesn't live in stupid Flrodia, she lives in stupid Cali.

Anyway, your little family rocks too - and I'm glad mine is home. If they were gone any loner I would've written a really bad patch of songs and your husband would've had to take me out of my misery.

10:44 PM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

The Twins do seem to have a head of steam going right now. I'm still more concerned about Detroit in this race. They're putting up performances like the Sox did last year. The thing to remember, though, is that the Sox are still the best team in baseball and on any given day can beat anyone. So, when the slide ends and they go back to being invincible, it'll be that much sweeter.

I mean really, did you expect them to excoriate teams in the playoffs like they did last year? I rest my case.

6:37 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I think Detroit will do better than the Twins this year - no doubt ChrisB. They are playing like the '05 SOX and sticking it to everyone who says they will fade.

I guess I am sort of conceeding that at least for now the SOX aren't competing w/ Detroit, they are competing w/ New York and Minnesota for the wildcard. I'm rooting hard for the Tigers in the next series because they are playing the Twins. The SOX are helped more (at least for now) if the Tigers can knock the Twins down a peg rather than the SOX gaining three (or possibly fewer games on Detroit).

The Yankees are up and down but you can't count them out either. There is less of a gap for the Wildcard...and honestly I don't think home field in the playoffs (if the SOX make it) helps that much against the Tigers. The SOX have played them almost as well in Detroit as in Chicago.

Quite frankly, the way my beloved SOX are playing...they can't worry about either the Twins or the Tigers. They just need to win one game and go from there.

They haven't forgotten how to play baseball. But before I say they have a big run in them, let's see them win one in a row, then two.

This is why I love baseball. It is so much like work/life. There is so much failure and overcoming failure sown into it.

When you get on a roll, if your lucky enough to do it you can't seem to go wrong - but when you're in a slump it feels like you will never get it right again.

8:10 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

I don't know about biting your bag but they sure tagged it a lot.

My first deserved zinger all season!

2:18 PM  
Blogger Meat Head said...

There still playing baseball?

4:26 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Yeah, sorry about your squad MeatHead. But it looks like some of the cubs are digging hard for Dusty's job. Decent series against the Mets...which traslated into French is "dishes"

7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you!
http://www.securitysystemspringfieldmissouri.info Bonn coffe maker Refinance mortgage rates zanesville ohio gay dildo Refinance quote Hard+disk+recovery Area rug outlet chicago Jessie j blonde medical insurance refinance or not home refinancing colorado Minnsota casinos Equity home loan minnesota mortgage Florida bad credit refinance culligan house water filter

6:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great site loved it alot, will come back and visit again.
»

3:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm I love the idea behind this website, very unique.
»

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home