My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Saturday, June 21, 2008

Send Out the Blackbird

…send out the dove. My ass was on the golf course by 7:30 today. Just because I have designated this as a writing day does not mean that I will deny my body the sensual pleasures of exercise. Came home and Alex & I cleaned up downstairs. We rewarded ourselves with a few Road Runner breaks. Laughed our asses off at this one.

The boy and I are not going to be able to both fit on my office recliner forever so I am going to enjoy sharing that thing with him and laughing as that stupid coyote kills himself over and over again while I can. Did that make any sense?

All due respect to my Cub fan friends, but the SOX need to pound Marquis today like they did when he was with the Cardinals. The Cubs have proven so far this season that they are great in close games so roughing them up early is important. That is going to be a tall order for the SOX lineup, especially in Wrigley where hitting homers is very different from hitting them in SOX park. The Twins just keep winning and the SOX need today to keep pace.

I thought the Cubs had a great chance yesterday, ironically because of the loss and long night of travel. Baseball is a sport where sometimes being tired helps you focus. SOX fans will remember the Angels cross country flight in the 2005 ALCS after eliminating the Yankees. They just played ball against the "well-rested" SOX and handed our heroes their only loss in the 2005 playoffs.

Cub hitters seemed to lock in and be patient near the end of the end of the game when they needed to be. Hopefully the real physical tiredness (?) sinks in today and the SOX can take advantage. They need every break they can get against the best lineup in baseball.

Good luck to the good guys. I will be in and out of the game...back and forth between baseball and sandwich eating and writing MOI.

wurd

16 Comments:

Blogger edP said...

That a baby Jermaine. SOX need some early runs and Jose is gonna need some good breaks. Here's hoping...

10:16 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Good job against Marquis Mr. Contrerras. Normally I cheer for that particular Cub when he is at the plate...this is the kind of game where his bat sometimes gets the team back in the mix. Glad to see he had trouble with forky-mc-forks alot.

10:47 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Note to the top of the SOX lineup...take some friggin pitches from Marquis. Please make him work. See Wise's AB

10:49 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Come on CQ!

10:50 AM  
Blogger edP said...

um...NOBODY MADE FUCKING MARQUIS WORK IN THE TOP OF THE THIRD! PLease foul off some pitches if you can. This means you AJ. If you are supposed to be a best get a little pesty up at the plate

10:51 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Remember Jose, A-Ram is now a much smarter and much more dangerous hitter. Please be careful

11:00 AM  
Blogger edP said...

That's what we need Swish. Base runners with less than two out. Now Joe don't help out the guy on the mound with the cool facial hair.

11:05 AM  
Blogger edP said...

That a baby Mr. Wise. Your last at bat set up this one. Note to rest of the SOX - that is what happens when you see more pitches from the cool but not invincible Jason Marquis.

11:07 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Great inning much better than the top of the fucking third when Marquis threw two pitches and got three outs.

Now SOX defense...hold 'em in the bottom of the fourth

11:09 AM  
Blogger edP said...

um Jose...that's not holding them in the bottom of the 4th

Good hitting by Mr. Fontenau (sp? Jeaanz? Jim Hendry? somebody?)

11:13 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Stupid pitch by Jose to Marquis. You need to treat him like a normal hitter with 2 strikes and waste some pitches. Jose's pitches are starting to stay up in the zone. The Cubs could begin pounding him.

11:18 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Yup. Those pitches were up against a way dangerous lineup. Good try Jose. Get em next time.

11:27 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Crap. That was the SOX last chance to break through against Marquis I think. If he gets in trouble again, Lou will go to the better late game pitchers.

Note, I said the Cubs relievers are even better than the SOX at this point in the season. Hang the stats (SOX being slightly better ERA-wise) Cubs relievers have held down and and closed out bigger games than the team I root for.

Hopefully I am wrong about what might happen without the DH

11:45 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Come on AJ. Start a big 2 out rally against the guy with the coolest mustache on either side of town.

Thanks Len for reminding everybody that the Twins won yesterday. They will probably win again today.

12:10 PM  
Blogger edP said...

ok...I am gonna be away from my computer for the rest of the game. Good luck SOX. Get to the Cub pen if you can, but you might have missed your best chance to win this game.

12:12 PM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

You are a total weirdo.

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home