The Almighty Plays Through
My walk in the woods wasted was temporarily interrupted tonight. The sun set behind me and I could make out the moon up ahead. A giant line of clouds swept in, colored pink & green from the setting sun and the still blue sky overhead. The wind picked up as this mass of half-transmogrified water, this golf bag of Heaven’s Master raged directly over me…making me cold and afraid. There looked to be strange rotation in the clouds heading toward me but perhaps it is because I have never seen a line of clouds this low with nothing else in the sky, from this particular angle, lit up by the sunset.
I stood there, stupefied and amazed. It was dark and the wind blew the long grass almost even with the ground.
Then the line of clouds which looked as if it stretched all the way to Hinkley (where the Harlem Globetrotters player their first game) moved westward. The air was warmer, the grass was upright again and the sky returned to its previous color and luminosity.
Guess I was playing too slow. The Lord has to get nine in before traveling back in time to a parallel universe and hear the desperate cries of one Kathy Griffin who (in this reality) has dropped her Jamba Juice because Devin bumped into her instead of just saying “Wazzup”
I stood there, stupefied and amazed. It was dark and the wind blew the long grass almost even with the ground.
Then the line of clouds which looked as if it stretched all the way to Hinkley (where the Harlem Globetrotters player their first game) moved westward. The air was warmer, the grass was upright again and the sky returned to its previous color and luminosity.
Guess I was playing too slow. The Lord has to get nine in before traveling back in time to a parallel universe and hear the desperate cries of one Kathy Griffin who (in this reality) has dropped her Jamba Juice because Devin bumped into her instead of just saying “Wazzup”


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home