My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Sick But Ok

I've got a red face and f'd up nose that would make Tip O'Neill proud...until he found out that it was not whiskey related. Then he'd call me an irrelevant Midwestern pussy. Stupid weather changing.

But my Cub fan friends were nice to me today and let me listen to Game One. I was also smart and kept my fucking mouth shut about their Game One the night before.

Gonna keep my fucking mouth shut about Cubs/Dodgers Game Two too.

Watched the whole Rays/SOX game again before the Cubs took the field tonight. How about that Longoria? Who'd a thought she could hit the ball outta the yard like that her first two ABs ever in the postseason? Tony Parker better sit his ass down because his missus is the true athlete in the family.

Seriously, I like that kid a ton (not Tony Parker, I could give two shits about the NBA since the Bulls fired Skiles) and I really like the Rays. I don't know what the OC was doing kicking all that fucking dirt but it was nice to see Cabrera be a dick to someone besides his fellow teammates.

The SOX need to steal one in the Pimple of St. Petersburg and I have a lot of faith in #56. We'll see what happens when he takes the bump against those Satan-free Rays on Friday nite.

3 Comments:

Blogger Meat Head said...

Can I jump now.

I don't have anything smart to say.Big Z was the only one that showed up. Rest of the team looked like a bunch of fucking t ballers.

5:46 AM  
Blogger edP said...

Hit and run put the infield in motion in the 2nd...took advantage of the lack of range of Theriot and A-Ram...who can't help him plug up holes in he infield...everything fell off the table after that.

I like to think it was less a Cub collapse and more of a victory of old-timey baseball...partly because I like this Cub team and partly because hit and and run and all that old school junk is part of baseball's pastoral appeal to me.

Yeah, Ken Burns and I are picking out the furniture.

Torre looks like he's sleeping in the dugout but maybe there is some reason he has gone to the playoffs 13 times. He is brilliant.

Big Z did a fine job....but after looking at Billinsly's strikeout to walk ratio (he has 120 more K's than walks) and when you look at this Cub lineup vs. Right handed pitchers w/ 60 or more K's to walks and winning records...uh, the mighty Cub lineup looks a lot like the 2000 White Sox who could not hit right handed pitching at all.

Baseball can be simple and cruel sometimes and take no pleasure in this....

DON'T JUMP MR. MEATHEAD!

10:36 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I take no pleasure in this is what I meant to say - DON'T JUMP CUB FANS!

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home