My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Sunday, November 09, 2008

Where Did He Get Bob?

Family road trip to Kalamazoo for Alex’s first show. Bob Dylan. Did you ever get the feeling you were driving the only Toyota in Michigan? Swimming at the hotel before the gig (also, tons of pool time early Sunday). Dinner and pool (the kind where you use sticks) with Kim & Alex at the Nob Hill Bar & Grill before going to Wings Stadium for the show. Alex and I touched the ice under the fake floor. We sat in the penalty box while waiting for the band to start.

The show was great and I might blog more about it later. While we waited to exit in the Rav4 my little crew had the following conversation:

Kim: Did Dylan always live in New York?
Me: He grew up in Minnesota. Hibbing. It is near Duluth I think.
Kim: And his name was Robert Zimmerman?
Me: Yes.
Kim: Where did he get Dylan?
Me: Dylan Thomas.
Alex: Where did he get Bob?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home