Much Love for This Life May 17 to May 23
As I spend my writing time pounding out the last draft of the last sections of MOI, the blog might be a sort of weekly wrap up for awhile…
No great loss right?
SUDAY MAY 17
Alex’s Holy Communion and it was great to see Cousin Mike & his crew, our parents, Old Dog & Steener, John & Janine, the family Swaff along with all the other well-wishers @ our place. There are some cool pics of the boy dressed like a killer on the fb page and I may try to bring them over here at some point.
MONDAY MAY 18
Found out that the rpr dept may be moving as early as the end of this week which could also mean as late as later this year. Guitar lessons and took Alex to get his special gift from mom and I celebrating yesterday’s important event.
TUESDAY MAY 19
D & I went to LnL and knocked out Two for the Stoned. I redid the main vocal and there may be one part I want to revisit in light of how exciting Dev’s guitar makes the end of that song. I don’t think my vocal intensity matches it. More on this later. JH kept us informed on the Hawks overtime while D & I were cloistered away in Larry’s basement. NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS!
WED MAY 20
After Tuesday’s big meeting at work and late night in Elgin I decided to play hooky and spent most of Wednesday golfing at Prairie Pines and South Pointe. Went to Alex’s school for the Author’s Tea and watched the boy participate in the Reader’s Theater. He also read his story, The Diver to me and I was sufficiently blown away. Maybe he is the real writer in the family.
THURSDAY MAY 21
More training for our new repair guy was postponed. He went over and ran shipping for the day. Looks like we will be moving out of the SB room on Friday. Alex and I went golfing together and life doesn’t get better than that.
FRIDAY MAY 22
Goodbye Baron DeKalb. My days of relying on the wisdom imparted by the mural of our town’s namesake are over. Shane, Heather & I moved into our new room. I think I will at least be able to get enough sun to stave off lack-of-sun-depression (not an accepted diagnosis).
SATURDAY MAY 23
Bills, helped my mom with her computer, golfed, cut grass, kicked back on the sun filled deck and had a beer with the dog, then took Alex to the Cougars game, saw a fireworks display yielding a fire serious enough to delay running the bases after the game. Once the fire was under control the boy and I ran the bases and got home super late. There was one point during the rock ‘n roll fireworks show when I put my arm around the boy. He said, “These bombs are so loud they are drowning out Led Zeppelin!” It was at that moment that I felt life was good and sufficiently mine. Great week.
No great loss right?
SUDAY MAY 17
Alex’s Holy Communion and it was great to see Cousin Mike & his crew, our parents, Old Dog & Steener, John & Janine, the family Swaff along with all the other well-wishers @ our place. There are some cool pics of the boy dressed like a killer on the fb page and I may try to bring them over here at some point.
MONDAY MAY 18
Found out that the rpr dept may be moving as early as the end of this week which could also mean as late as later this year. Guitar lessons and took Alex to get his special gift from mom and I celebrating yesterday’s important event.
TUESDAY MAY 19
D & I went to LnL and knocked out Two for the Stoned. I redid the main vocal and there may be one part I want to revisit in light of how exciting Dev’s guitar makes the end of that song. I don’t think my vocal intensity matches it. More on this later. JH kept us informed on the Hawks overtime while D & I were cloistered away in Larry’s basement. NOT THAT YOU SICK BASTARDS!
WED MAY 20
After Tuesday’s big meeting at work and late night in Elgin I decided to play hooky and spent most of Wednesday golfing at Prairie Pines and South Pointe. Went to Alex’s school for the Author’s Tea and watched the boy participate in the Reader’s Theater. He also read his story, The Diver to me and I was sufficiently blown away. Maybe he is the real writer in the family.
THURSDAY MAY 21
More training for our new repair guy was postponed. He went over and ran shipping for the day. Looks like we will be moving out of the SB room on Friday. Alex and I went golfing together and life doesn’t get better than that.
FRIDAY MAY 22
Goodbye Baron DeKalb. My days of relying on the wisdom imparted by the mural of our town’s namesake are over. Shane, Heather & I moved into our new room. I think I will at least be able to get enough sun to stave off lack-of-sun-depression (not an accepted diagnosis).
SATURDAY MAY 23
Bills, helped my mom with her computer, golfed, cut grass, kicked back on the sun filled deck and had a beer with the dog, then took Alex to the Cougars game, saw a fireworks display yielding a fire serious enough to delay running the bases after the game. Once the fire was under control the boy and I ran the bases and got home super late. There was one point during the rock ‘n roll fireworks show when I put my arm around the boy. He said, “These bombs are so loud they are drowning out Led Zeppelin!” It was at that moment that I felt life was good and sufficiently mine. Great week.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home