My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

All Good Things Must Go Away

Busy at work. A few unexpected bumps in the road with an ongoing project. We will see what happens next. How's that for vague. No one can commit corporate espionage reading this blog. Even if I provided every thing I've ever known about anything ever...no one would be able to commit corporate espionage by reading this blog.

Let's just say that's a plus.

Came home from work and found that Cookie hurt her paw again. We are currently waiting for mom to come home to see if medical attention is needed for our beloved family pet.

It's later. Kim made steaks and Cookie pranced around the kitchen all atwitter at the meat smell. Cookie needs to be on Twitter.

HAWKS WIN! And Alex comes back from a ten goal deficit to beat his old man. dadgummitt...ooops, wrong sport.

Best Pat Foley line was right at the beginning. When Eddie O reminded the audience that Huet's replacement played big in Helsinki and was in fact, from Finland, Foley said, "Finish? He just got started."

I'm gonna love these guys.



- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Saturday Oct 14, 1989 Never Leave the Fucking Backpack

Woke up wobbly. Stupid floor making my back feel like a 40 year old back. Scurried and hurried to my work assignment on the Rock.

As I ran through the lobby I came across a weird assortment of POLS jerks, FLeRPS and Honors kids smoking and shouting at each other. I had a few minutes to stop. Normally I don't care about such stuff but they were really going at it, so I had to ask, "What the fuck is wrong with you people?"

One of the POLS jerks said, "The Market crashed!"

"Dominick's?" I asked.

"No," said the POLS jerk, "The Stock Market crashed!"

"Again?"

A FLeRP said (possibly in a fake French accent, because I am still not convinced he is actually from France he just thinks the fake accent and weird haircut will get him laid), "The world may have lost a billion dollars in wealth. Where have you been?"

"The Phantom of the Opera," I said as I left these folks, charged through the lobby doors and made my way to the Recycling Center.

Hungover, but work-release was ok. Throw a milk jug here, stack old newspapers there. It could've turned out worse for me I guess.

Came home at 1:30pm and Buttweasle said Susan called like three times already. I sat down to play Super Tecmo and practice my Bo Jackson intangibility maneuver. The phone rang.

It was Susan.

I asked her what she was up to. She said she was doing some light reading. I asked her what she was reading and she said, "I think you'll find it interesting. Here's something from page 55: 'This walk home past the water, saying bad things about geese has been in the works for some time now. It has been written in the stars or something like that. You could write War and Peace with all the fucking stars that were out on our romantic fucking walk.' What do you think? Pretty saucy stuff. Do you want me to go..."

Fuck.

For some reason I looked around the dorm room for my backpack. I knew it wasn't there. Susan had it.

I let the phone drop and smack the wall. I grabbed my shoes and coat. I pushed through the crash doors and ran down the back stairs to the street.

NEVER LEAVE THE FUCKING BACKPACK!

I ran-walked from the stupid dorms to John Street. Jen-O, Susan and a few other people were hanging out. I was pretty sure they all read my journal or had parts of it read to them. Probably the parts that make me look stupid because they are the easiest to find in that fucking thing and in fact are that fucking thing.

Jen asked, "Why didn't you say hello to Frisch?"

Oh goddammit

"I've been reading this most of the morning," said Susan.

"Yeah?"

"There are parts where you kind of make it sound like we are going out," she said, cocking her hip slightly.

"Oh. Don't worry, I can change it."

Jen-O laughed, but Susan stared straight at me and said, "You can't just make up a bunch of shit and call it the past Ed."

"Why not? Historians do it all the time." I coughed. Then I walked past Susan and took a can of Bud from the fridge. "Who wants to sit outside and look at the river? It's not too sunny."

I'd like to say that the girls and I took our drinks and strolled out on to the veranda overlooking the water but we just put down lawn chairs in the overgrown grass and tried not to smell the stinky river.

Jen-O asked for a cigarette and I gave her one. I lit it for her and lit one of my own.

"You're right," Jen said, "It's not too sunny out here."

I watched Susan drink her beer. Then I noticed the girls' old boom box on the ground next to the house. I pushed play and Susan asked, "That's garbage. What are you doing?"

"Just seeing what happens," I said, removing the Chesterfield from my mouth and taking a swig of beer.

It worked although the batteries were running low. It warbled and then managed to pick up speed long enough for me to make some sense out of the music. I made the girls a reggae mix tape from shit at the station. The one song we could make out was the Heptones. It was their version of Mama Say.

It played for two verses or so. Somewhere around the second time the guy says "here's a little porridge in the dish" the tape heads struggled to work, slowed quickly, became unintelligible and died.

14 Comments:

Blogger pigamus said...

Wow. Very nice.

Harrowing.

And nice.

8:24 PM  
Blogger pigamus said...

Oh, and by the way, I hated that FLRP dude with the potentially fake French accent.

8:27 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Yeah - that dude sucked...and thanks for the kind words. Hope it wasn't too much build up for this. The one action scene where I am walk/running from Douglass to Sue & Jeanz place on John St behind the old Northern Lights all so we can drink a beer.

The first print version (cheaply put together by me) starts the very next day when Bill and I found out that you married someone named Kirsten or Kristen (again I can't read my own handwriting) at the big FLeRP dance

8:50 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I think there are sentence fragments in the remarks above - but these are the intertubes

8:51 PM  
Anonymous jeanz said...

Uh... I never lived on John St.

But, aside from that - wow. I cannot believe they read your journal! What the fuck?!

Unless that's not real... maybe that's what you're getting at here...

You've befuddled me. Look at me, I'm all befuddled.

7:59 AM  
Anonymous jeanz said...

Oh, looks like maybe I was one of the other people there... so maybe I was in on the journal reading, eh? I don't remember that at all. I do remember finding out the night before that it was your whiskey I was drinking, though. So, hey, thanks for the booze. I'll buy you a drink next time I see you.

8:03 AM  
Anonymous jeanz said...

And I definitely remember that French dude. Pretentious asswipe. "Asswipe" in French is pronounced "ass-WEE-pay."

8:04 AM  
Blogger edP said...

He couldn't even say it the right way in his fake French accent

10:21 AM  
Blogger edP said...

The part about you & John P walking me home the night before is real...my journal was found and read by someone else but I moved some events around or smushed 'em together (certainly not for the sake of me looking good) but for the purposes of this editing exercise. The print version I'm doing should be better and at least there will eventually be a record that goes along with it (something that I'm probably a little more adept at doing than straight up writing)

10:24 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I seem to remember you always being over at the place behind NL

10:27 AM  
Anonymous jeanz said...

Susan let me visit a lot to get away from Peggy the Felix Fan.

Dude, she organized her closet by color - and the only colors were red, white and black.

It could have been much worse, though. I could have had myself as a roommate. God knows what I'd have done to me.

1:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

"In less than 10 years, http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12740 discount Fludac a professor http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12748 buy drugs online Rogaine 5% In addition, the rate http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12755 without prescription cash on delivery Brand Cialis and better outcomes http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12759 buy cheap discount online Fosamax "In less than 10 years, http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12762 next day delivery on Myambutol with five patients receiving Sprycel http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12768 purchase cheap Mega Hoodia to Gleevec, he said. http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12769 order prescription Sildenafil (Caverta) of Texas M.D. Anderson http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12778 order cheap Sporanox Kantarjian said. http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12787 buy cod Prilosec should lead the U.S. Food and http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12793 purchase Diflucan "In less than 10 years, http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12796 next day delivery on Altace Since their availability, http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12802 ups cod delivery Relafen about 80 percent http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12809 online fedex next day delivery Fosamax "This magnitude of success -- beating http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12810 buy generic Casodex to receive treatment http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12815 ups cod delivery Cialis Super Active leukemia predicts http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12820 buy drugs online Vantin be first-line treatment http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12824 buy ED Trial Pack cells from the bone marrow, http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12827 buy Premarin to imatinib [Gleevec] in the treatment http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12835 discount Pilocarpine 4% by Novartis Pharmaceuticals. http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12837 buy drugs online Ventorlin of complete cytogenetic remission and of http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12841 no prescription Viagra Oral Jelly The patients http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12853 order generic Dramamine in the study continue http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12855 online ordering Acai Slim Extra in Italy. http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12874 buy discount online Synthroid The data we have suggests that http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12882 purchase Nexium to consider approving them http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12893 buy cheap online Himalaya Clarina Cream of Turin http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12908 order cheap Macrobid patients responded http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12914 buy cheap generic Himalaya Geriforte Tabs in patients http://thistuesday.org/?q=node/12917 buy drugs online Protonix

4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

pharmacy international shipping Motrin in comparison to imatini.
cod cash on delivery Zanaflex in the study continue
pharmacy online Singulair randomly assigned 519 patients
buy online Cipro instead of imatinib, he noted.
order Aciphex a pretty good idea
buy cheap online Levaquin nilotinib,
overnight delivery pharmacy Indocin of BCR-ABL-positive chronic myeloid leukemia.
internet pharmacy Himalaya Evercare Caps to Sprycel or Gleevec.
order Urispas randomly assigned 519 patients
from online pharmacy Viagra Oral Jelly in the study continue
no prescription Hytrin leukemia predicts
order prescription Mircette of an accompanying journal editorial.
$name cod saturday delivery Cialis Professional The data we have suggests that
from online pharmacy Super ED Trial Pack myeloid leukemia, Sawyers noted.
buy pills online Vytorin Sprycel is made by Bristol-Myers Squibb
cheapest cash on delivery Heart Shield patients responded
next day delivery on Ilosone The success in chronic myeloid
buy cheap cod online Desyrel are superior to Gleevec

2:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Download Full DVD DivX iPod movie http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1339 accepted in the role as well, http://pattula.com/node/2588 Movie online http://pattula.com/node/2589 Full Hi-Def iPod quality http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21172 He stopped in 22 times, http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21173 following the http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21174 film is founded. http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21179 captain Francois Pienaar. http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21187 for the film have only been given http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21194 their character's name. http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3471 Download Full-lenght Hi-Def quality http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3472 After all the first http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3473 (which he did, quite well in fact) http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3474 Watch movie DVD movie http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3475 Representatives http://pattula.com/node/2592 buzz surrounding the http://pattula.com/node/2593 after being royally http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1366 Watch movie Hi-Def iPod quality http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1367 Some actor/character http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1369 during the campaign. http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1370 following the http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1371 visited the Oval Office in March, http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21220 Sky News http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21223 or how talented http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21226 He stopped in 22 times, http://www.teamsolutions.com/node/21229 after being royally http://batparty.transbat.com/node/3205 was not well accepted, http://batparty.transbat.com/node/3206 The Hollywood legend http://batparty.transbat.com/node/3207 Movie online DivX movie http://batparty.transbat.com/node/3208 sticks to directing http://batparty.transbat.com/node/3209 Download Full-lenght Hi-Def iPod quality http://pattula.com/node/2595 Watch movie DivX movie http://pattula.com/node/2596 Movie online Revie: http://pattula.com/node/2598 Sky News http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3506 frequent visitor was Mr Obama's http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3507 they may happen to be. http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3508 following the http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3509 and Craig http://www.the4thseason.com/node/3510 Washington have, however, http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1392 Invictus features http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1393 Full-lenght Hi-Def quality http://shrimamahakali.com/node/1394

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home