Rime of the Asshole Mariner
The cubs are rid of Milton Bradley and have acquired a pitcher who they will one day, long to be rid of. Actually, that might not be true. Carlos Silva had a few good years with MN before he received a ridiculous, over-bloated contract, became over-bloated himself and then fucked up his arm.
A stint in the inferior National League (especially the woeful NL Central) might be just what the doctor ordered for a pitcher who has spent a good portion of the last two years on the DL. Who wouldn't want to pitch against the Pirates, Reds and even the Brew crew when they are on one of their solo homer or nothing runs of pathetic plate appearances? The boy and I once saw Ted Lily pitch a no-no against the Brewers, in Milwaukee and after watching the game later on On Demand, it seemed that Lily only had so-so (not no-no) stuff that day.
Hendry finally did something to fix the mess he made of the cubs in 2009. Now they just need to ride out the end of the Lou and Hendry era and get some real baseball people in there.
More later
A stint in the inferior National League (especially the woeful NL Central) might be just what the doctor ordered for a pitcher who has spent a good portion of the last two years on the DL. Who wouldn't want to pitch against the Pirates, Reds and even the Brew crew when they are on one of their solo homer or nothing runs of pathetic plate appearances? The boy and I once saw Ted Lily pitch a no-no against the Brewers, in Milwaukee and after watching the game later on On Demand, it seemed that Lily only had so-so (not no-no) stuff that day.
Hendry finally did something to fix the mess he made of the cubs in 2009. Now they just need to ride out the end of the Lou and Hendry era and get some real baseball people in there.
More later


2 Comments:
G'day, Brother.
I'm not much of a baseball person, but I have spent the last couple of summers listening to Cubs games via Ron Santo (and Pat Hughes) on the radio. So my question comes out of pretty much blatant ignorance about the sport as a whole. What's so bad about Lou?
um...I don't think Lou's made a good managerial move since he and his Mariners knocked the SOX out of the playoffs in 2000. Maybe a "where Lou falls short" post might help me organize my thoughts on the matter. I started out a bit biased anyhow against Lou and thought a better manager for a bigtime payroll cluib would be former Yank and also former cub Joe Girardi. Maybe I'll post something later in response to your question. Got to get the boy to hoops. You rock buddy
By the way, Pat Hughes is one of the best broadcasters I have ever heard, I listen to him and I am not even a cub fan
Post a Comment
<< Home