My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, January 18, 2010

Jan 15-17 Catchup

Fri -

Alex saw his first 21 gun salute tonight at the wake and service for Carolyn V's father. I didn't know her pop but our family loves Ms. V and her crew so we were proud to stand by her. I'm sure Kim's cheesie potatoes went quickly at the gathering back at the V place. Alex and I chilled with Cookie for a bit, then picked mom up. Late night for our little family but we just hope all is well with our friends.

Sat - all day consumption

Consumed everything put in front of me on Sat and then some. The list of food and beverage would be embarrassing to list here...the gluttony and the sad fact that I probably remember everything I ingested. Don't do stuff like that too often any more and it was fun.

My parents came to DK and took us out for Italian in the Naper Settlement. Wine and Bloody Mary's can work together when properly balanced with baked ziti. I think there's an actual equation demonstrating that. Don't ask me to do the proofs here. The readers of my blog simply would not understand it and I don't know it.

Met Shane's parents and friends at the Vets in DK Vet City. Great night for my buddy. I am gonna miss that guy...but duty calls. I will pray for him no matter where he is stationed. The Air Force is lucky to have him. The Taliban better watch the fuck out. Our country isn't messing around anymore. We're deploying the Shane!

I think we sent him off propper like. By the end of the night a former Marine made us drink Malorts

Shane asked me, "What the fuck is Malorts?"
I responded, "Dude, I don't know but you're gonna remember the taste 50 years from now."

Sun - Editing session with Larry

Hanging big time...I'd've been in worse shape if it wasn't for the lunchtime ziti and the midnight Loco in me. Edited a new version of We Can Always Get Away...still need to get rid of my first chord at the beginning. Larry tried to fix it for timing but it is more interesting to just have D's feedback tone start the song all by it's lonesome. Or, Three to Get Some Money, the effects and whacky shit worked out better than I hoped...I need to cut some of the faster horns right at the beginning and go from the coin in the jukebox sound right to the 2rd or even third demented sounding horn.

More on this later

God bless you Shane...and God, give rest to Red Vaughn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home