Terds and Duces are Wild
Family Movie Night Friday. We missed the last two due to the holidays but we made up for it with the last two episodes of the Next Generation (from Season II). Alex asked if he could see the beginning of the entire series again but I told him it would have to wait until Saturday morning.
Saturday morning came and it was picture day at the Park District basketball league. Alex spiked his hair. He says it makes him look taller. Who am I to argue? I was always the dorkiest looking guy on any basketball court I was ever on so I say 'Spike away with my blessing little son'
Could not make it out to the Annex for SC's last night of drinking in our town's worst bar. Sad that I had to miss a thing like that but it couldn't be helped.
Sunday, Kim and Alex trekked out to the OF after Holy Mass. I worked on Barb City Confidential all day. Here's part of my favorite part...a conversation between Jen-O and I...on Leo Strauss (like everything else, this is sort of what was said from my notes):
Sunday Oct 22, 1989 Smoking and Other Good Decisions
Talked to Jen-O today and I am going to end up seeing some lecture with her and some POLS assholes on Friday. I was hangover smoking in the lobby with her and she convinced me attending this lecture would be a good thing to do. Our conversation was something like…
JO: “Do you know who Leo Strauss is?”
Me: “Sure, the jeans guy.”
JO: “No he’s not the jeans guy.”
Me: “Oh, the anthropologist. He wrote about nude dudes or something.”
JO: “That’s Levi-Strauss.”
Me: “Levi Strauss IS the jeans guy kid. I think you’ve got it all fucked up.”
JO: “The anthropologist is Claude Levi-Strauss with a hyphen.”
Me: “I didn’t hear you pronounce the hyphen.”
JO: “You are not even aware of how ignorant you are, are you?”
Me: “I think that’s probably a key part of ignorance. Unawareness, I mean.”
Then she talked about some heady shit, the details of which are difficult to remember. I’m only paid to remember the jokes people. Ok, no one is paying me, I just prefer to remember the jokes.
And that's all for that, for now. After writing, I watched the 3rd period of the Hawks, then sat down and thoroughly enjoyed Inglorious Basterds. Is it wrong to wish that film was what actually happened? I should probably stop clicking my keys about this now.
Saturday morning came and it was picture day at the Park District basketball league. Alex spiked his hair. He says it makes him look taller. Who am I to argue? I was always the dorkiest looking guy on any basketball court I was ever on so I say 'Spike away with my blessing little son'
Could not make it out to the Annex for SC's last night of drinking in our town's worst bar. Sad that I had to miss a thing like that but it couldn't be helped.
Sunday, Kim and Alex trekked out to the OF after Holy Mass. I worked on Barb City Confidential all day. Here's part of my favorite part...a conversation between Jen-O and I...on Leo Strauss (like everything else, this is sort of what was said from my notes):
Sunday Oct 22, 1989 Smoking and Other Good Decisions
Talked to Jen-O today and I am going to end up seeing some lecture with her and some POLS assholes on Friday. I was hangover smoking in the lobby with her and she convinced me attending this lecture would be a good thing to do. Our conversation was something like…
JO: “Do you know who Leo Strauss is?”
Me: “Sure, the jeans guy.”
JO: “No he’s not the jeans guy.”
Me: “Oh, the anthropologist. He wrote about nude dudes or something.”
JO: “That’s Levi-Strauss.”
Me: “Levi Strauss IS the jeans guy kid. I think you’ve got it all fucked up.”
JO: “The anthropologist is Claude Levi-Strauss with a hyphen.”
Me: “I didn’t hear you pronounce the hyphen.”
JO: “You are not even aware of how ignorant you are, are you?”
Me: “I think that’s probably a key part of ignorance. Unawareness, I mean.”
Then she talked about some heady shit, the details of which are difficult to remember. I’m only paid to remember the jokes people. Ok, no one is paying me, I just prefer to remember the jokes.
And that's all for that, for now. After writing, I watched the 3rd period of the Hawks, then sat down and thoroughly enjoyed Inglorious Basterds. Is it wrong to wish that film was what actually happened? I should probably stop clicking my keys about this now.


1 Comments:
Ok Anonymous, that is more confusing than my post and that is a first for this blog
Post a Comment
<< Home