My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Saturday, October 23, 2010

Maybe, but I Doubt It

Regardless of what he said and how it can be taken, I'm not afraid to say I am going to miss Juan Williams as part of the Weekly Roundup on the Friday DR show. I think one of the things that makes the show is that people representing many different viewpoints have a public conversation with each other...and there is no fucking screaming. I stopped watching cable news a few years back when I found it was trending hopelessly in that direction. I simply assume it is the same way or worse so I am not going to waste time testing my theory.

I don't think it means NPR is going to swing in some radical direction and begin hacking away at voices who also lend themselves to other, not to say radically different and politicized news outlets...but I am sad that someone who I enjoyed listening to, although rarely agreed with, will no longer be on my radio on Fridays. Maybe I'll give him a chance on Fox News, but I doubt it. I stopped watching MSNBC when Russert died and didn't even like that station when KO got all screamy and shit.

I'm trying to find a bright side in all of this. Maybe it is something like progress in America when a black man named Juan can be fired by a bunch of granola-eatin' hippies for saying he is afraid of Muslims on planes.

Maybe, but I doubt it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home