My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, October 11, 2010

Turn Back the Clock

Ok, it was not the fall back weekend but the Bears and Panthers managed to turn back the clock sixty-five years or so on offense in professional football. But the Bears won and that should be good enough for me.

Still can't get Iron Man II. Damn you "Very Long Wait" online rental status! We watched a coupla Next Generation episodes back to back and the boy was happy enough with that. I am just happy that he loves our little movie tradition.

Alex and I took two long walks this weekend. I love our walks. We talk so much during those 45 minutes. We have to, otherwise we're just walking down the road, looking like jerks.

He's the greatest.

2 Comments:

Anonymous aka goo said...

We don't buy much first day out, but Iron Man 2- that we bought first day out on Blu-ray. If you put yourself of the netflix queue basically when the movies come out in the theater, you might manage to get one within the first couple of weeks. We don't watch much actually in the theater any more because with the frist day release sales at Fry's Electronics out here, it's comparable to what we'd pay to go to the theater for 2 and it's ours to keep. Typically we end up with the dual packs blu-ray/dvd combos and then we loan the dvd to our neighbor. Don't know if it would work for you but it works for us. We hardly do any of the netflix actual discs-- we watch a lot of stuff from their instant play online service. D has it tied into our tv. Big thimbs up for Alex and Kim taking sign language class! M and I do the Lowes "Build and grow" and Home Depot kids workshops most weekends (lowes are usually twice a month and home depots is once a month) and best of all, they're free. I keep telling her that I don't want her to have to call a handyman to hang a picture or unplug her kitchen drain. The lowes ones are strickly hammer and nails. The home depot ones often invole wood glue, nails, and possibly screws. Our lowes also has these "Red Toolbox" kits for sale which are a bit higher skill wise- those you have to buy though...

4:48 PM  
Blogger edP said...

That's great taking M to those classes. It's cool that you are doing it, from what I undestand D is already a handyman. It is good that the mom shows she can be interested in this stuff too...by the way, I'm gonna need your daughter to come out here and unplug the kitcen drain.

4:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home