My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

His First F

This has nothing to do with school.

Today Alex wrote his first note as part of a musical exercise for his trumpet teacher. It was a quarter note. It was an F. I almost cried. I don't know why. He loves the trumpet and this teacher has made a positive impression on the boy.

Schedulewise, my life is a mess. I am getting my ass kicked a dozen ways to Sunday and accomplishing nothing. It's 9:14pm and this is the first time I've sat the fuck down all day.

But my boy wrote a musical note on a page today and all the crazy shit seems worth it.

Thank heavens the trumpet is in treble clef. I can't read bass clef and if he learns to write in base clef, I'll feel like an idiot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home