Bliss Creek
Friday Oct 14
Perfect end to a great week. Thanks to our hr person for helping me untangle all the things that needed to be untangled. In the end, it was all worth it. How often can you say that in this life?
Left work at 3:30pm and was home doing some writing. Kim called from Alex's favorite junk store in DK and said, "They have several Star Trek TNG characters here, dirt cheap. What should I do?"
Maybe this is bad parenting or whatever but I said, "Get them. Get all of them. It's been a good week."
Watched Star Trek and then a documentary on the War of 1812 with my little crew.
Sat Oct 15
Chris and I golfed Bliss Creek today. Absolutely beautiful out there, and the geese on the course quickly learned we were bad ball hitting motherfuckers who were not to be trifled with... - -- ?
Hung out at the clubhouse had a delicious Old Fashioned and some poppers with my old pal. Nice time as we talked about the joys and perils of being adults in this, our modern gutter culture.
Ok, Chris B didn't refer to it as "our modern gutter culture" - - terms such as that are reserved for douchebags like me. Very special douchebags. I'm VSD.
I think I had the Seven Year VSD, but a scratched real fast and got rid of it in 17 months.
Sorry poor dead Lou Costello.
Got back from Sugar Grove in time for my date with the lovely Kimberly Jo. Thanks and much love to Brandon, Chad and Chris for coming out to hang with Alex while Kim and I enjoyed a steak and whiskey at Johnny's. Did I mention it was a good week?
Ran into Swaffords. They are not going to be able to go see Moneyball on Wed. Oh poop. Well, KJ still wants to go so that's a good thing.
Sunday Oct 16 Tell Martz I said Fuck Him!
8am Mass with the little crew then took Alex to Religious Ed. The boy and I had our feast while Kim went to a birthday party for a grown up. I don't judge people and how they live their lives or what they value since mine are so weird - - but thanks and much love to Kim for understanding that I'm no good at those things. I'm too old, too weird, and have too many problems with booze and human social interactions for that kind of thing.
I pray the rosary every day that I may be granted the gift of being able to see God in everyone at all times and act accordingly....but there's a long way to go before I am even pleasant company.
Jay Cutler is now my favorite quarterback of all time. He's not the best, not the smartest and certainly not the most fan friendly...but during the Sunday Nite game, after the Bears had a great deal of success running the ball and using shorter, quicker drops and releases in the passing game where I'm sure the Bears offensive coordinator called one of his exotic sequences of blocking schemes and routes from his creepy little ivory tower overlooking the playing field...when the QB coach relayed and repeated this nonsense to the Bears' field general at first there was a disgusted look on his face (almost indistinguishable from the look Cutler always has, but the careful observer notes the difference), then Jay screams at the hapless messenger, "And tell Martz I said 'Fuck him!'"
Monday Oct 17 His Good Earth
Worked from 7am to 9am. Cleared shit off my desk, then left for 6hrs of scheduled vaycay time. I don't know if the time is well-deserved but it was certainly well worth it. Gorgeous day on River Heights. There was a moment as I walked past tall, brown corn waiting to be harvested w/ the expanse of robin egg blue sky above where I thought this life has been such an incredible gift that were the Lord to take me right now I'd be fine with that.
Glad he didn't. I want to spend many years with my beautiful wife, see our son grow up and maybe have children of his own - - - but I am so grateful for the days God has already given me on His good earth.
Perfect end to a great week. Thanks to our hr person for helping me untangle all the things that needed to be untangled. In the end, it was all worth it. How often can you say that in this life?
Left work at 3:30pm and was home doing some writing. Kim called from Alex's favorite junk store in DK and said, "They have several Star Trek TNG characters here, dirt cheap. What should I do?"
Maybe this is bad parenting or whatever but I said, "Get them. Get all of them. It's been a good week."
Watched Star Trek and then a documentary on the War of 1812 with my little crew.
Sat Oct 15
Chris and I golfed Bliss Creek today. Absolutely beautiful out there, and the geese on the course quickly learned we were bad ball hitting motherfuckers who were not to be trifled with... - -- ?
Hung out at the clubhouse had a delicious Old Fashioned and some poppers with my old pal. Nice time as we talked about the joys and perils of being adults in this, our modern gutter culture.
Ok, Chris B didn't refer to it as "our modern gutter culture" - - terms such as that are reserved for douchebags like me. Very special douchebags. I'm VSD.
I think I had the Seven Year VSD, but a scratched real fast and got rid of it in 17 months.
Sorry poor dead Lou Costello.
Got back from Sugar Grove in time for my date with the lovely Kimberly Jo. Thanks and much love to Brandon, Chad and Chris for coming out to hang with Alex while Kim and I enjoyed a steak and whiskey at Johnny's. Did I mention it was a good week?
Ran into Swaffords. They are not going to be able to go see Moneyball on Wed. Oh poop. Well, KJ still wants to go so that's a good thing.
Sunday Oct 16 Tell Martz I said Fuck Him!
8am Mass with the little crew then took Alex to Religious Ed. The boy and I had our feast while Kim went to a birthday party for a grown up. I don't judge people and how they live their lives or what they value since mine are so weird - - but thanks and much love to Kim for understanding that I'm no good at those things. I'm too old, too weird, and have too many problems with booze and human social interactions for that kind of thing.
I pray the rosary every day that I may be granted the gift of being able to see God in everyone at all times and act accordingly....but there's a long way to go before I am even pleasant company.
Jay Cutler is now my favorite quarterback of all time. He's not the best, not the smartest and certainly not the most fan friendly...but during the Sunday Nite game, after the Bears had a great deal of success running the ball and using shorter, quicker drops and releases in the passing game where I'm sure the Bears offensive coordinator called one of his exotic sequences of blocking schemes and routes from his creepy little ivory tower overlooking the playing field...when the QB coach relayed and repeated this nonsense to the Bears' field general at first there was a disgusted look on his face (almost indistinguishable from the look Cutler always has, but the careful observer notes the difference), then Jay screams at the hapless messenger, "And tell Martz I said 'Fuck him!'"
Monday Oct 17 His Good Earth
Worked from 7am to 9am. Cleared shit off my desk, then left for 6hrs of scheduled vaycay time. I don't know if the time is well-deserved but it was certainly well worth it. Gorgeous day on River Heights. There was a moment as I walked past tall, brown corn waiting to be harvested w/ the expanse of robin egg blue sky above where I thought this life has been such an incredible gift that were the Lord to take me right now I'd be fine with that.
Glad he didn't. I want to spend many years with my beautiful wife, see our son grow up and maybe have children of his own - - - but I am so grateful for the days God has already given me on His good earth.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home