Thanks Again
There were a bunch of people nice enough to add posts or send personal e-mails offering me condolences (re: the wake in the posting below). To you I say thanks - to myself I say: ED YOU ARE A FUCKING TERRIBLE WRITER IF YOU GAVE ANYONE THE IMPRESSION THAT IT WAS YOUR GRANDFATHER THAT DIED! It was not my grandfather, it was my Cousin Mike's Gramps (the one that we didn't share). Why am I making such a big deal out of this?
Strange as this may sound - I was glad I went to the wake. I miss my Cousin Mike and I hadn't seen him in ages. We talked about W, the world, the woods and the White Sox - basically anything that began with the letter "W". OK enough. If you were kind enough to send me a note - Thanks - I do not reject your kindness...but I feel a Larry Davidesque obligation to remind everyone that this was not my Grandfather...although this guy was great and he busted balls like no one else.
Remind me never to drink and blog.
Strange as this may sound - I was glad I went to the wake. I miss my Cousin Mike and I hadn't seen him in ages. We talked about W, the world, the woods and the White Sox - basically anything that began with the letter "W". OK enough. If you were kind enough to send me a note - Thanks - I do not reject your kindness...but I feel a Larry Davidesque obligation to remind everyone that this was not my Grandfather...although this guy was great and he busted balls like no one else.
Remind me never to drink and blog.


3 Comments:
Please accept my late condolences, Ed. There's a special sort of comfort in wakes/funerals--among the sadness, there is something good. I felt it recently but am not a competent (my word of the day, apparently) enough writer to express what this is at the moment.
Keep up the good work
»
Keep up the good work » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home