Brackettasketballbase
Alex filled out his 1st NCAA Brackets today. He went kind of conservative w/ all #1 seeds (except Villanova) advancing in the opening round. However (imagine Screaming A. Smith saying that) he had Seton Hall beating Belmont in the Finals. I tried not to laugh at him. Hey, who am I laughing at…he’s got as good a shot at picking that thing as I do or anyone does. That’s why they play the games.
Orlando Hernandez pitched against the White Sox today. He pitched the greatest inning of relief in the playoffs I ever saw (actually I heard it at work, then watched it 1,000 times on SportsCenter and Komcast Crap Nite).
Only 19 days until opening night for the Sox. I can’t believe the off-season is almost over. For all the fans of the Blue Team I hope your guys (Prior and DLee) are going to be okay. I like both of those players despite my, uh – prior feelings for that team.
The WhiteSox won the World Series. Reasons for trashing the NorthSiders should have dissipated the moment that John Rooney finished his last radio call ever for the Sox:
“From the stretch with a runner at second…
Here’s the one/two pitch to Palmero…
A ground ball past Jenks up the middle of the infield, Uribe has it…he throws…
OUT! OUT! A White Sox winner, and a world championship!
The White Sox have won the World Series and they’re mobbing each other on the field.
The celebration is on the mound right now, at Minute Maid Park in Houston on Wed. Oct. 26, 2005 the White Sox have won their first World Championship since 1917…and the players are absolutely going wild on the infield.
Enjoy the celebration Chicago, this is long overdue.”
As pathetic as this may sound to some…when I have dark moments I play that stupid radio call back on my cel and life is just a little bit sweeter.
There was a point during last season, one of those long, wonderful (and never-ending) games in the dog days of summer when Crede (I think) was coming back from a minor, but nagging injury. Ed Farmer said: “Joe’s day-to-day folks, just like the rest of us.”
Amen to that.
Orlando Hernandez pitched against the White Sox today. He pitched the greatest inning of relief in the playoffs I ever saw (actually I heard it at work, then watched it 1,000 times on SportsCenter and Komcast Crap Nite).
Only 19 days until opening night for the Sox. I can’t believe the off-season is almost over. For all the fans of the Blue Team I hope your guys (Prior and DLee) are going to be okay. I like both of those players despite my, uh – prior feelings for that team.
The WhiteSox won the World Series. Reasons for trashing the NorthSiders should have dissipated the moment that John Rooney finished his last radio call ever for the Sox:
“From the stretch with a runner at second…
Here’s the one/two pitch to Palmero…
A ground ball past Jenks up the middle of the infield, Uribe has it…he throws…
OUT! OUT! A White Sox winner, and a world championship!
The White Sox have won the World Series and they’re mobbing each other on the field.
The celebration is on the mound right now, at Minute Maid Park in Houston on Wed. Oct. 26, 2005 the White Sox have won their first World Championship since 1917…and the players are absolutely going wild on the infield.
Enjoy the celebration Chicago, this is long overdue.”
As pathetic as this may sound to some…when I have dark moments I play that stupid radio call back on my cel and life is just a little bit sweeter.
There was a point during last season, one of those long, wonderful (and never-ending) games in the dog days of summer when Crede (I think) was coming back from a minor, but nagging injury. Ed Farmer said: “Joe’s day-to-day folks, just like the rest of us.”
Amen to that.


5 Comments:
i used to bag on sports a long time ago about how a song could bring back certain emotions but a sports moment couldn't. but now whenever i see some sort of jordan clip i get all teary eyed. well, not quite. but it does bring back years of drunken memories. well, not quite.
oh, and change your band name to Brackettasketballbase
We drank watching lots of Bulls games...and I would change the name to that - but I don't think I could ever spell it again.
All-Time Greatest Baseball Names: 1)Pete LaCock 2) Dick Pole 3) Pud Galvin. c.m.
I knew Dick Pole..but - pardon the expression - Pete LaCock and Pud Galvin blow that name away!!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home