Anytime
…sorry My Morning Jacket
I’m serious about using this Century of Progress singles project to promote our little quartet of love. I’m pretty geeked up. The one thing I learned from re-doing the fB CDs is to come up with a very simple list that involves steps rather than a plan and then work with others (thanks CM, who do their own steps and everything works better). Back to examples from the realm of baseball (in this case fake-ass baseball – Bull Durham “Don’t think Meat. Just throw.”).
Step the First: talk to the boys which if I don’t e-communicate w/ ‘em by Thurs I’ll probably see the cOp band people at practice.
Step the Second: $, which I think I have without asking the other guys to throw in for my crazy scheme. Dev’s got a baby, OD & ChrisB have put up enough money for recording and I don’t know how in love those guys are w/ this idea. I am in love with the idea. I think I’m gonna do it anyhow and deal with the consequences. Life’s more interesting that way.
Step the Third: e-mail mrgunderson. Chris sent me a blog that had the Frogs Racially Yours (the cover and a list in order of MP3s from the record). It was done on blogger. Gunderson is trying to spend more time working on his own projects which I totally respect – but he said if we ever need help w/ blogger related shit (since he helped bring some of us over here) he’d pitch in. So I need to tt Gundy and make (who knows?) a special bloger page linked to the Action City page Chris set up – just for ppl (oooh, now I’m cool) to download our little singles.
Step the Fourth: e-mail DC Liar, I saw four pics on his flickr page that would be perfect for the first two CD singles. I’ll throw myself at his mercy and say: “I can’t pay you anything unless God forbid a real label wants to put this out. But I have beer.” He’ll go for that.
Once I’ve completed tasks one thru four I can focus on the best way to do my little dupes for the first thang. Pretty exciting (well, if not to everyone else, to me).
…um, that may be the new unofficial official title for this blog: Stuff that's Pretty Exciting (well, if not to everyone else then at least to me). It's catchy.
I’m serious about using this Century of Progress singles project to promote our little quartet of love. I’m pretty geeked up. The one thing I learned from re-doing the fB CDs is to come up with a very simple list that involves steps rather than a plan and then work with others (thanks CM, who do their own steps and everything works better). Back to examples from the realm of baseball (in this case fake-ass baseball – Bull Durham “Don’t think Meat. Just throw.”).
Step the First: talk to the boys which if I don’t e-communicate w/ ‘em by Thurs I’ll probably see the cOp band people at practice.
Step the Second: $, which I think I have without asking the other guys to throw in for my crazy scheme. Dev’s got a baby, OD & ChrisB have put up enough money for recording and I don’t know how in love those guys are w/ this idea. I am in love with the idea. I think I’m gonna do it anyhow and deal with the consequences. Life’s more interesting that way.
Step the Third: e-mail mrgunderson. Chris sent me a blog that had the Frogs Racially Yours (the cover and a list in order of MP3s from the record). It was done on blogger. Gunderson is trying to spend more time working on his own projects which I totally respect – but he said if we ever need help w/ blogger related shit (since he helped bring some of us over here) he’d pitch in. So I need to tt Gundy and make (who knows?) a special bloger page linked to the Action City page Chris set up – just for ppl (oooh, now I’m cool) to download our little singles.
Step the Fourth: e-mail DC Liar, I saw four pics on his flickr page that would be perfect for the first two CD singles. I’ll throw myself at his mercy and say: “I can’t pay you anything unless God forbid a real label wants to put this out. But I have beer.” He’ll go for that.
Once I’ve completed tasks one thru four I can focus on the best way to do my little dupes for the first thang. Pretty exciting (well, if not to everyone else, to me).
…um, that may be the new unofficial official title for this blog: Stuff that's Pretty Exciting (well, if not to everyone else then at least to me). It's catchy.


9 Comments:
Hello Kimberly Jo!
(we made a pact)
So which ones of Josh's photos are you lookin' at? I think a beer is pretty cheap. He deserves cheap whiskey at least.
The gold sink from fliikr - and he's a cheap date. You rock Mary Kay - are these your first blog comments?
They're all yours.
If you want, I could do the full lay-out for you. I'd be my pleasure, but I still demand the liquor.
I am sooooo hot for you right now DC Liar. Do you know how much of a hassle it would save me...and if by layout you mean in the format like the mix cds you send out - you continue to rock my world. I'll e-mail you w/ more details later and we'll work it out (money, postage whatever you need)...
oh, I can do the cds out here...more later - I'm gonna look at more of chris' big rocket pictures. I love flikr
Hi MK! Not only did we make a pact- we made a pact at Rosita's. I think some of the wildflower shots would be great.
I'll throw in on the beer if Josh will really design stuff for us.
But - I think we should discuss this stuff before you start making CDs on your own dime. I still have the leftover disks and stuff from the last demo.
Besides, I thought we were in this to make a full CD and then start writing new stuff. Let's talk on Thursday.
Very nice site! Delaware attorney general office color contact freshlook lens acuvue 2 State shirts Pictures honda 1983 nighthawk http://www.attorneys-3.info/top-paid-in-montreal-lawyers.html
Where did you find it? Interesting read » »
Post a Comment
<< Home