Singles
No practice this week and that always bums me out. All the crap on the good times post cheered me up.
But the good times post is cursed.
That's bad.
But it comes with a free frogurt.
That's good.
But the frogurt is also cursed.
That's bad.
Where the hell did that come from?
I've been thinking about what we're doing at LNL and the more I think about it, the more I think Century of Progress should be (for now and for the foreseeable future) a singles band. I've always sort of wanted to do that. Robbie G and I had a sort of thing like that going for awhile when I first moved back to Lockport. We'd get together on a Friday to do one song (and to not go out drinking at a Lockport establishment).
I should probably talk to Chris and Dev (I already said something to the OD at work - he loved the idea) about this before talking about it on my stupid blog.
I want Any Questions (and don't throw rocks at the computer DC Liar - but Water too) associated with the new incarnation of our band (whatever that means) - but they (and I think all three of 'em are right about this) don't think that the song sounds right w/ the things we're doing at Larry's and one EP or longer thing w/ songs done w/ the Squirrel and at LNL will be a mess. So maybe I'll just go back, do some layout stuff w/ ChrisB or something (Dev's really good at this but he's fucking busy as hell with the beautiful little baby)...
If nothing else we will have three short, sort of creative things to give away at shows and on the internets rather than one longer, disjointed thing. More on this (maybe) later.
But the good times post is cursed.
That's bad.
But it comes with a free frogurt.
That's good.
But the frogurt is also cursed.
That's bad.
Where the hell did that come from?
I've been thinking about what we're doing at LNL and the more I think about it, the more I think Century of Progress should be (for now and for the foreseeable future) a singles band. I've always sort of wanted to do that. Robbie G and I had a sort of thing like that going for awhile when I first moved back to Lockport. We'd get together on a Friday to do one song (and to not go out drinking at a Lockport establishment).
I should probably talk to Chris and Dev (I already said something to the OD at work - he loved the idea) about this before talking about it on my stupid blog.
I want Any Questions (and don't throw rocks at the computer DC Liar - but Water too) associated with the new incarnation of our band (whatever that means) - but they (and I think all three of 'em are right about this) don't think that the song sounds right w/ the things we're doing at Larry's and one EP or longer thing w/ songs done w/ the Squirrel and at LNL will be a mess. So maybe I'll just go back, do some layout stuff w/ ChrisB or something (Dev's really good at this but he's fucking busy as hell with the beautiful little baby)...
If nothing else we will have three short, sort of creative things to give away at shows and on the internets rather than one longer, disjointed thing. More on this (maybe) later.


8 Comments:
..re: and don't throw rocks at the computer DC Liar - but Water too
You guys are the ones that throw 'Water' on every album since 'Ambersongs'.
But this time it's a single...ok I'm an irrunreedemptable bastard
I liked 'Water'. Quite a bit actually.
I'm from Lockport. Did you go highschool there? Is that why I remember asking you if you knew my sister in hs?
Hast du bin zu dem Wasser
Ich denk ich bin zu dem Wasser...
I'd also like a Latin version, chanted, of course.
I always liked Water too. And HOLLYWOOD AND VINE!
OD, I love the translation. It's like the Beatles at the Kaiser Keller or whatever the hell it was.
In defense of keeping the song in play - Prince put the same song (I think it was "When 2 R in Love," but it's been too long and I've killed those brain cells) on about thirty albums, so, you know, there's precedent, which somehow makes it more acceptable. That, and the fact that Water is the most moving song ever written and it stops me in my tracks every time I hear it.
Maybe you should release a CD of just Water, recorded twenty different ways. Surf's up!
Water 30 different ways is already being sent to the DC Liar. We even have the Tito Puente version...it's the last thing he did before doing the last thing he did before he died.
You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it » » »
Post a Comment
<< Home