Smell the Drugs
Fun morning with the boy yesterday. Even dealing with the insurance company is more fun when I bring him along. A 5 year old can provide the necessary semi-chaotic distractions one needs when they have to do boring junk.
Fun evening with the CofP boys last night. Best quote: “Just put it on the pile.” More on this later, maybe. Thanks to Ms. Aquamanski for loaning us her hubby.
I’ll come back to the MadDog drafts of the 1st A next week if there is still interest. I want to present a recent example of the Supreme Court dealing fairly with some language in the Constitution and with the State Courts as if they count too. Consider the recent drug-sniffing dog case – the SC said something about this in Jan 05 (I think?) and the Illinois Supreme Court just “finished the work” the US Supreme Court asked them to do. Here’s the decision from the USSC:
THIS LINK IS NOW BULLSHIT
…duh, I reread the first line…it was Jan 2005.
The Court deals directly with the 4th A and search and seizure language – and even though they apply their understanding of the BoR to the states by way of the 14th A, they ultimately offered council/instructions and left some things up to the Illinois State Supreme Court. Consequently, the Illinois Supreme Court was free to come to the WRONG FUCKING CONCLUSION yesterday. Isn’t liberty grand?
The Rep. from my district said (in the recent past) that General Hayden is the wrong person at the wrong time to head the CIA. I am happy to defer to my member in these matters. That just sounds wrong. I bet General Grevious would do a better job.
Something like a third of WalMarts in the US are discontinuing gun sales. Is that justice? Is that proper? Isn’t it my right as a fucking American to buy a weapon made by Chinese political prisoners?
The NRA, in part of its official, well-researched protest statement reminds us that the demographic seeing the greatest rise in gun sales is women.
That is so hot.
Fun evening with the CofP boys last night. Best quote: “Just put it on the pile.” More on this later, maybe. Thanks to Ms. Aquamanski for loaning us her hubby.
I’ll come back to the MadDog drafts of the 1st A next week if there is still interest. I want to present a recent example of the Supreme Court dealing fairly with some language in the Constitution and with the State Courts as if they count too. Consider the recent drug-sniffing dog case – the SC said something about this in Jan 05 (I think?) and the Illinois Supreme Court just “finished the work” the US Supreme Court asked them to do. Here’s the decision from the USSC:
THIS LINK IS NOW BULLSHIT
…duh, I reread the first line…it was Jan 2005.
The Court deals directly with the 4th A and search and seizure language – and even though they apply their understanding of the BoR to the states by way of the 14th A, they ultimately offered council/instructions and left some things up to the Illinois State Supreme Court. Consequently, the Illinois Supreme Court was free to come to the WRONG FUCKING CONCLUSION yesterday. Isn’t liberty grand?
The Rep. from my district said (in the recent past) that General Hayden is the wrong person at the wrong time to head the CIA. I am happy to defer to my member in these matters. That just sounds wrong. I bet General Grevious would do a better job.
Something like a third of WalMarts in the US are discontinuing gun sales. Is that justice? Is that proper? Isn’t it my right as a fucking American to buy a weapon made by Chinese political prisoners?
The NRA, in part of its official, well-researched protest statement reminds us that the demographic seeing the greatest rise in gun sales is women.
That is so hot.


18 Comments:
That spike is all Elise - She's given up designer handbags for assault weapons.
WalMart never sold any 'fun' guns any-hoo. Just low-cap rifles.
US made low-cap rifles.
Most guns available for sale in the US are American Made (those frisky Deutschlanders rank a distant second).
Firearms, liquor, pharmaceuticals, and tobacco are the last bastions of US industrialism - I'm doing my damnedest to support the national industry.
Illinois likes to have their weed. Fuck you, Scalia!
Defer to your member, think with your member, etc.
Re DC's 1st comment - it's less hot if it's all Elise. I've got all the respect in the world for her and her gunswomanship - but that's my e-twin sister. I don't want to think about any of that sick shit.
Remington is the big WalMart gun dealer right DC? Again, I gave up any pretense to accuracy when I started blogging.
MichaelK - so does Justice Ginsberg
ChrisB - I just like to have a post that talks about guns, sniffing and member all in there. They're the big three as far as I'm concerned...
...and this is my Yalta.
I said "my Yalta"
Ed, so I don't have to read all that legal mumbo jumbo, spell it out for me what happened with that case and what your point is.
I should add "Please."
If you skip Ruthie's dissent its all intelligible...some of it is wvwn easy and pleasant to read.
But my point I guess was - here is a case where the Supreme Court can and does make some reasonable assumptions about the language of the COnstitution or the bofR...in this case the 4th A and searches and seizures(sp?...Jeanz...anyone?)
"seizures" - correct.
"wvwn" - incorrect.
"my Yalta" - I think you meant "my Malta" (where the zombies live)
All due respect and love to my dear friend jeanz...but "Malta where the zombies LIVE?!?!?!?"
Zombies are undead right?
DC and MichaelK, I believe you discussed this previously.
While your discussion was in the context of a less than orthadox consideration of the status of my Lord and Savior...
...I still defer to you guys on the precise definition of "zombie."
So can zombies technically "live" anywhere.
I know I'm extremely slow because I still don't get what part of the 4th's language got interpreted and what you are saying was wrong with Illinois.
It seems to me there was no "probable cause" for the sniff?
Sorry to those of you who get it.
just the interp of "search and seizure" and the use here...
I'm not saying I agree with the Court's decision or the way Illinois came to its conclusions...
Just that nowhere in this decision do I see the Supremes making up rights and interps that have nothing to do with a reasonable interp of the language of the 4thA.
No doubt that "probably cause" may ultimately be stretched here...but not to the point of it being unrecognizable.
The 1st A (and I will try to demonstrate this next week) has come to mean (or protect) almost the opposite of what it was designed to do...
"Malta is where the zombies live" was a quote from you ... years & years ago ... possibly during what Dev would call "toxic waste years." Perhaps it's better left unexplored.
If it's a quote from me - it's got to be wrong.
Thanks for the explanation, rabbi. Will this be on the test?
No, but there will be a drug sniffing dog present at the final exam.
best regards, nice info Pop up blocker spam Wolk dental implants Auto pilot navigation anxiety and treatment and lexapro Computer safty test pregnant women having sex pitchers 2003 honda rincon 650 4x4 Call center manager bourne end Sailor moon tennis Colostomy + impotence Dyson vacuum cleaner sale
Post a Comment
<< Home