My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

A Brighter Post Methinks

Sorry about the darkness on the edge of that last post.

.also, sorry about the Bruce Springsteen reference.

In order to lighten the mood here’s my STD for Sunday and Monday
(hopefully my genitals will be cured by then)

1. Put a G in KJ’s acct so we don’t bounce a check to the outside guys
2. Pay Mr. D for putting in a new trap for the washing machine and helping us with our other water related problems ($150 something, get the exact ammt I owe from KJ)
3. Find out the exact amount for the gutters and pay that off (get KJ to make an envelope for that and I’ll fill it with a check for God only knows how much)
4. If we haven’t completely used up our summer resources see how much is left for eye exam/glasses…we need less than $500 so that’s a good thing
5. Grade 15 or so of my HST final exams

Had a fun day, despite the depressing post at the beginning. Saw old family friends and had a wonderful time. This gal I’ve known since I was a baby just bought a new home and it seems like a great place to live. The trip home would’ve been complete for me if I could’ve found a way to attend Mass at St. Joe’s. Maybe next time.

Picked up Alex in Lockport and saw him riding on my late uncle’s Rascal thing with my dad. He said “Dad, can we get one of these things?”

I said: “Someday soon Daddy’s gonna need one of those.”

I’ll need a special hook for the colostomy bag.

Hey, I spelled colostomy right the first time, or so sayeth my spell check.

Did I spell sayeth right?

Methinks.

7 Comments:

Blogger Michael K said...

I like the word "methinks."

Sounds like you are doing good. When so many other blogs are full of bitvhing and moaning, it is nice to hear somebody is having a good day. Hope springs eternal and all that stuff, ya know?

Anyway, put one away for Mr. Buttons and have a nice Sunday.

7:31 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

I can round up the Elk Grove mafia and have a little talk with these "outside guys" if you want.

Love,

Chris B.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Lady Di )O( said...

*snicker*
Elk Grove mafia....I wonder if my cousins were part of that.
Your old stomping grounds, right ChrisB?

5:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Don't forget to make Wm. T. G's blackmail payment. We all know he knows where the trash went; you don't want the details hitting People Magazine.

I know, I know, there goes the eye exam. Vision is overrated. That's why getting blind drunk is so much fun. And why grading 15 exams will go much faster than you think.

6:48 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

That's where I used to kick it, if that's what you mean. ;)

Di, are you saying you're not intimidated by this guy?

10:48 AM  
Blogger edP said...

It's like he is waiting for the falcon to return.

...or the snowman...

or he's thinking that he needs another beer

3:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You make me miss home, brother of mine.....


Thanks. Really, thanks.

Sometimes I wonder about the damage I'm doing to M being so far away from her extended family. I know the social climate here is more open and forgiving than where we were in So. IN, but does that counteract at all the loss of being able to visit Grandma and Poppie more often?

Sorry, just thinking out loud and missing home a bit.

3:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home