From Can't Sleep to Can Dream
I can list a thousand reasons for me to call Bad Religion’s Kyoto Now a worthless piece of shit.
So why do I like this worthless piece of shit.
My family’s back and I’m happy about that.
Bad sleeping problems last night
I sort of snapped at somebody at work yesterday.
I’m trying to say no to junk food.
It’s not working.
What was/is working was my get together with the Old Dog tonight. He helped me pull and edit stuff from bD practice tapes and live shows from what I hope will be another free reissue of bigDrag Me Drive Car. I always had some whatever with the earlier versions we put out there. This may provide others with the chance to hate what I’ve cobbled together. I’m not attacking what’s been done in advance am I?
Forget attacking anything. The way I’m editing this whatever…is with the mindset that I love being in that band. The fact that at practice we can take some 12-bar piece of shit dooo diddly doo dooo and make it sound half-way decent…I’m pretty proud of that. Every once in awhile as we come in and out of breaks Chris drops the hammer and launches the rest of us like the frog launched by the Dark Squirrel at the Wisconsin State Fair all those years ago.
The Behind the Music is going to be pretty pathetic.
Good thing no one is thinking of making one.
G’night.
So why do I like this worthless piece of shit.
My family’s back and I’m happy about that.
Bad sleeping problems last night
I sort of snapped at somebody at work yesterday.
I’m trying to say no to junk food.
It’s not working.
What was/is working was my get together with the Old Dog tonight. He helped me pull and edit stuff from bD practice tapes and live shows from what I hope will be another free reissue of bigDrag Me Drive Car. I always had some whatever with the earlier versions we put out there. This may provide others with the chance to hate what I’ve cobbled together. I’m not attacking what’s been done in advance am I?
Forget attacking anything. The way I’m editing this whatever…is with the mindset that I love being in that band. The fact that at practice we can take some 12-bar piece of shit dooo diddly doo dooo and make it sound half-way decent…I’m pretty proud of that. Every once in awhile as we come in and out of breaks Chris drops the hammer and launches the rest of us like the frog launched by the Dark Squirrel at the Wisconsin State Fair all those years ago.
The Behind the Music is going to be pretty pathetic.
Good thing no one is thinking of making one.
G’night.


10 Comments:
But - but - junk food loves us. Why you gonna turn your back like that? *sigh* Fine. I'll eat your share.
The only song off of Process of Belief that I ever got into was 'Sorrow'. I'll have to give it another spin tonight.
Sorrow is fucking awesome too! And as opposed to Kyoto Now is an actual good song in it's own right. There's a live version of Sorrow on the stupid Komkast On Demand concert button thing...people really love this band and this song especially...it was the closer and every person in the audience was singing it. Very cool.
I want to say this is a bunch of proto-punk-political-piss but there are a coupla Bad Religion songs that just get their meat hooks in me.
Kyoto Now is probably in the grand scheme of things - not that good...but ever since I saw the live version the other night I've been listening to it on my stupid computer and can't get it out of my stupid head. Maybe I should've told the old dog he can eliminate the Gin Blossoms on repeat in his head with some Bad Religion.
I thought the swan song movie was to be called "Hot Rod Vampires".
What does that have to do with my addiction to ding dongs?
Wait a minute...
Hot rods?
Maybe it has everything to do with my addiction to ding dongs.
Here - this will take your mind off ding dongs (unless you're NOT talking about the Hostess snacks): Man bags. Pass it on to the Old Dog when you're done.
That is sooooooo...
I think Generator is one of the best fucking albums ever.
And junk food? Don't get me started. There's a reason "Fat Saturday" is named so.
I had Ding Dongs today. I swear those things are getting smaller. Along with all those other great Hostess treats. That ain't right.
Here are some links that I believe will be interested
Post a Comment
<< Home