Selfish Bastard
Last night I played a benefit in Downers Grove for one of Kim’s girlfriends from high school. The benefit wasn’t for her; she hosted it for a musician that has ALS. I did a short set:
1. Tonight I’ll be Staying Here with You
2. One Solar Day
3. The Idiot Prize
4. Pancho and Lefty
50% covers?!? Thanks and much love to the PDawg for turning me on to TVZ. I have no business trying to play one of Mr. VZ’s songs so that’s why I did it. I love trying to do things that I have no business doing.
The audience, as usual, was not sure how to react to my original stuff. I should’ve thought about the audience before I decided to do the Idiot Prize. Who am I kidding? I rarely think about the audience before I do these things. I think of me.
Selfish bastard.
I guess I’m somewhat proud of the fact that I can be selfish when playing a benefit.
Saw Chris and Sandy there and it was nice to hang out with them. We haven’t seen them in forever. I’m really happy for those two.
Alex and I made it to holy Mass this morning. Kim went running so she can support TR part of the way @ the Chicago Marathon. She’ll go at noon. I think it was better that only one of us took the boy to Mass. He has one set of expectations and knows what he has to do. Went to WalMart after Mass and I got the boy Obi Wan…
…yes, Kenobi.
1. Tonight I’ll be Staying Here with You
2. One Solar Day
3. The Idiot Prize
4. Pancho and Lefty
50% covers?!? Thanks and much love to the PDawg for turning me on to TVZ. I have no business trying to play one of Mr. VZ’s songs so that’s why I did it. I love trying to do things that I have no business doing.
The audience, as usual, was not sure how to react to my original stuff. I should’ve thought about the audience before I decided to do the Idiot Prize. Who am I kidding? I rarely think about the audience before I do these things. I think of me.
Selfish bastard.
I guess I’m somewhat proud of the fact that I can be selfish when playing a benefit.
Saw Chris and Sandy there and it was nice to hang out with them. We haven’t seen them in forever. I’m really happy for those two.
Alex and I made it to holy Mass this morning. Kim went running so she can support TR part of the way @ the Chicago Marathon. She’ll go at noon. I think it was better that only one of us took the boy to Mass. He has one set of expectations and knows what he has to do. Went to WalMart after Mass and I got the boy Obi Wan…
…yes, Kenobi.


8 Comments:
I thought you were talking about Obi Juan Hernandez. That's an action figure that sells tomatoes and pumpkins in the parking lot down the street from my house.
The force is strong in that one too.
Now that you mention it, you ARE a selfish bastard!
You rocked honey- don't kid yourself. You selfish bastard, you! Love you.
Tonight I'll be staying here with you? The NS Dylan song?
Ed, you rock.
Thoughts on Modern Times, anyone?
That is the one. I love the record and I love that song. It's probably another song I have no business playing - but that's why I did it.
I already wrote a bunch about Modern times, the week it came out. I heart Dylan and I love his latest re-revival.
Let's rock, you shellfish bastidge!
Obi Wan was a puss.
Post a Comment
<< Home