My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Friday, September 22, 2006

Tornado-Cum-Emergency

The DK tornado-cum-emergency siren went off right as I left work tonight.

The good news is Kim and Alex were actually at home in the basement. Kim has a run of 6 straight tornado warnings where she’s been on the road. Ok, maybe not six but something like that.

I was so glad when I heard her voice on the phone. Drove home in this shit – but it wasn’t bad. I couldn’t see the last two blocks due to aluminum tubes of rain.

Aluminum tubes, do you know what you can do with aluminum tubes?!?!?!

Called ChrisB tonight. I was glad to hear that he was not swirling around in the middle of a tornado trying to play gutters and aluminum siding as they were flying past him.

Aluminum siding, do you know what you can do with that?

Chris and I have a mutual concern we’ve been talking about and I am really frustrated with my inability to come up with any good suggestions on this front. This is another one of those instances where regular readers of this blog remember me quoting chapter and verse of testaments old and new…but now shit is coming down and what am I going to DO about it. St. Paul was right when he talked about faith being empty without works…or, at least you need works.

…and not just to draw people in to the faith to exploit them whatever…

You really feel empty without the works – the results…doing some good with what you believe.

Again, I am not using the blog to beat myself up. I don’t do that. I believe beating yourself up is the work of the Devil and if there is a real Devil that touches us – he does it the most – not when we’re jacking off or yelling at others in traffic (possibly simultaneously)…

…but rather when we compile our sins and shortcomings and say ‘See, I am shit. God made shit when he made me.’

So, I am not doing that. But this situation requires…I dunno

I just wish I had more to offer.

Enough about this. Everyone is probably sort of curious but generally bored when I make these kinds of entries.

That makes all of us.

More later.

6 Comments:

Blogger olddogdk said...

The works. I fail.

10:29 PM  
Blogger bigsoda said...

I am a vast, swirling nebula of ideas which rarely materialize as a concrete work. For that to happen, you need to drive at least one stake in the ground and say, "this is what my ideas will be about." Once you've done that, the ideas will grow around that stake and eventually accrete into a single body of some sort. Being unable or, perhaps, just unwilling (at this point) to limit the ken of my ideas, I am stuck with googol disparate ideas and can't focus on one long enough to actually do anything with it. I have a hard time buying deodorant for roughly the same reason...

9:47 AM  
Blogger bigsoda said...

I don't mean to say that I don't buy deodorant... Just that the options are paralyzing... Oh, who'm I kidding? I'm a vast swirling nebula of stink.

8:25 PM  
Blogger edP said...

I like your stink

5:38 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

It's ADD. For me, I have a hard time seeing beyond the swirl. When I do drive in a stake, I typically do good work, but I have a hard time finishing a project, too. I think the four of us get along as well as we do as a band because we give each other plenty of room in this regard. It's also why we don't have more finished records.

Re: the other thing - let's talk more about it tonight.

7:46 AM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

p.s. - thanks for checking up on me. I'm usually all about crisis management but my lady was in a freaking equipment shed in Waterman where a tornado was actually spotted. I kept thinking about that movie Twister and was thankful they don't have cows on that farm.

7:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home