Fight Song
So I've admitted here I am pulling for the cubs to beat out the Brewers, not because I have become some sort of cub fan but because I despise what the Brewers did in the middle of their pennant push.
My fantasy scenario however, is that both teams lose all their games going down to the last game of the season and the cubs by virtue of being ahead at this point make the playoffs. In addition (this is a complicated fantasy scenario) I want all the other National League races to end in a tie so that the other teams will have to play extra games and use their best pitchers one game early. In this enhanced post-season, fantasy scenario the cubs enter the playoffs with the worst record in the NL (and naturally of all the playoff teams) but they have the biggest advantage - sitting at home while the better teams pick each other off and take out one of their Game 1 pitchers.
The other reason I want to see the cubs lose all the rest of their regular season games is I HATE THE FUCKING GO CUBS GO song!!!!!!! I've been following the games, TV on in the other room and every time the cubs win I have to run into the other room, jumping over toys, books whatever cluttercrap is cluttercrapping up my house and turn off the damned tv before I hear too much of it.
The "Go..." part is too damned much.
I made the mistake of mentioning this at work to Cub Girl and friends so I have to hear the shitty ditty all the time. It is starting to get stuck in my brain so to exercise the demons I had to write...
GOAT CUBS GOAT
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago what do you say...
The cubs have backed into 1st Place
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago what do you know
There's only three games left to blow
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
The cubs are bad but still in first
Because Milwaukee's so much worse
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago raise your beer
To another 100 crappy years
Ok, it's mostly inter-office instant messaging back and forth between cub fans and me but you get the picture.
I guess I shouldn't talk, as much as I hate Go Cubs Go, it probably has just as much "musical quality" as some Journey song that may or may not come to mind.
Good luck cub fans...
BUT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DAMNED SONG!
My fantasy scenario however, is that both teams lose all their games going down to the last game of the season and the cubs by virtue of being ahead at this point make the playoffs. In addition (this is a complicated fantasy scenario) I want all the other National League races to end in a tie so that the other teams will have to play extra games and use their best pitchers one game early. In this enhanced post-season, fantasy scenario the cubs enter the playoffs with the worst record in the NL (and naturally of all the playoff teams) but they have the biggest advantage - sitting at home while the better teams pick each other off and take out one of their Game 1 pitchers.
The other reason I want to see the cubs lose all the rest of their regular season games is I HATE THE FUCKING GO CUBS GO song!!!!!!! I've been following the games, TV on in the other room and every time the cubs win I have to run into the other room, jumping over toys, books whatever cluttercrap is cluttercrapping up my house and turn off the damned tv before I hear too much of it.
The "Go..." part is too damned much.
I made the mistake of mentioning this at work to Cub Girl and friends so I have to hear the shitty ditty all the time. It is starting to get stuck in my brain so to exercise the demons I had to write...
GOAT CUBS GOAT
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago what do you say...
The cubs have backed into 1st Place
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago what do you know
There's only three games left to blow
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
The cubs are bad but still in first
Because Milwaukee's so much worse
Goat cubs goat
Goat cubs goat
Hey Chicago raise your beer
To another 100 crappy years
Ok, it's mostly inter-office instant messaging back and forth between cub fans and me but you get the picture.
I guess I shouldn't talk, as much as I hate Go Cubs Go, it probably has just as much "musical quality" as some Journey song that may or may not come to mind.
Good luck cub fans...
BUT YOU CAN KEEP YOUR DAMNED SONG!


7 Comments:
Come on, dude. That song was written by Steve Goodman. I will not stand for you talking shit about my team and Chicago Shorty in one post. Watch your back on Sunday, Sox Fan.
Sorry dude, and congrats - it looks like your boys are moving on to the post season. Stewpid Brewers
Ned Yost is Toast.
Yeah. He's an idiot. Ozzie had some similar meltdowns last year but he didn't do it in the final week of the playoff push.
Ozzie freaked out with Buck Schowalter in TX and those guys had been enemies for years.
Yost is toast. That's good oleKobe and a good lesson for some dumbass like me who has the irrational hothead inside them.
Stewpid Yost.
You know what - I vote for olekobe to manage the Brewers next year
By the way, did I mention Goodman was undergoing treatment for the leukemia that would kill him when he wrote the song? What was Steve Perry doing when he wrote the song that killed Tony Soprano?
He sings like he is going through some painful treatment for something. Suckitis?
I hate that fucking song too.
Post a Comment
<< Home