My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Rex Is Not Our Quarterback

- or Rex Was Our Quarterback
- or Brian Is Our Quarterback
- or No, Kyle Orton Is Not Our Quarterback Yet
- or Craig Krenzel is Our Molecular Geneticist

Listened to the press conference during my lunch. Lovie Smith earned his money today. Whatever else happens I think I will always be a fan of Lovie. He seems so measured and decent under whatever pressure and scrutiny comes his way.

If that's fake, it's one hell of an act.


Ok it is later now and it's been a fine day. We got our family portrait taken at Newman tonight. Alex saw me putting on a shirt and tie and said "I'll be as handsome as you when I have my shirt and tie on."

We got gussied up and took the pics. Ran into Fr. Godwin and he offered us his homemade Nigerian recipes. Excellent stuff and it is always wonderful to shoot the...uh, Spirit with this blessed man. Fr. Godwin seems to have limitless energy but he is not the kind of person who is so busy it makes you tired just watching them. It is a joyful energy, verging on being excessive but not past that threshold where it becomes manic, where activity becomes unproductive.

I've been so lucky when it comes to the priests I've known.

Came home and Alex mom & I pretended to be his favorite kind of bat.

The cute little fruit bat.

Tomorrow is Part II of Fr. Hart's series on the Book of Revelation. In an effort to spend more time together, Kim and I are taking this Bible study. I'm a little pissed that the first class we take together is the Book of Revelation. It's like we're cheating and looking ahead to the end.

The Antichrist did it.

Turned down a gig from the booker-who's-name-shall-not-be-mentioned on this blog. Not because I have a beef or am trying to be cryptic...I just don't want to be google-associated with them and the show they offered this week.

Period.

.

e-mailed the group about a possible set list for the Oct 25th coat drive thing. Very exciting shit. I am not married to any particular order or odor as the case may be. My wife is married to a peculiar odor but that is neither here nor there.

Nor here.

I said that already.

I should've quit while I was ahead...sometime in late October 2005.

LNL Larry posted a message on the bigDrag mySpace again. I've got to get a message to him. As soon as I get Joe to help me fix the levels on Anyone Can Make a Shadow we can start duping (with an emphasis on dupe) the 1st Old Kishwaukee Band thing. Bill's already given me the ok for I Wanna and Cousin Mike seemed to be up for anything last time we spoke about this stuff.

All this can wait until we play these upcoming bD shows leading up to the Halloween thing.

It's nice to be busy. I hope I am not making myself sound busier or more in-demand than I am. Most people who read this thing know me pretty well and know I am not part of anything that's changing the world anytime soon.

It's just nice to make some noise.

Eric Lowen sent out an e-mail to a bunch of us who were involved with the ALS benefit. I was glad to be a part of the show. He asked that anyone who cared to do so could share this video that somehow generates $2 donations for research. I am not sure how or if this works so feel free to be a bit leery...

- or feel fee to click here.

3 Comments:

Blogger Michael K said...

Am I the only one who finds a priest named GOD-WIN a little too perfect?

8:35 AM  
Blogger edP said...

I did not make him up. He is not another Gugerty.

10:26 AM  
Blogger edP said...

um - AND I DIDN'T MAKE UP GUGERTY EITHER!

10:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home