My Photo
Name:
Location: U.S. Outlying Islands

Uncommon thoughts. Unsolicited, unsubstantiated, and unedited.

Monday, September 17, 2007

Chickle Wee Wee

Apparently my beautiful boy has an alter ego a la the Great Cornholio. He came home from swimming tonight and I asked him:

“How was school today?”

Alex: “Chickle Wee Wee.”
Me: “Huh?”
Alex: “Chickle Wee Wee.”
Me: “Do you have to go to the bathroom?”
Alex: “Chickle Wee Wee.”

I don’t know what it means, but I know he likes to say it.

A lot.

Congrats to Jim Thome. Thome is not one of my favorite SOX. I respect him and think he is a classy player. I didn’t like the trade with Philly two years back but I understand Kenny’s thinking.

Having said all that – WOW! What a way to get 500!

It was a walk-off WhiteSOX winner.
3-2 count
On Jim Thome bobblehead day.

If I am ever in a successful band I want to have my own bobblehead day. Is that too much to ask? The other members will have their bobblehead day too, I just want one for me.

SOX fans erupted and it was great to see the love at SOX park. Ironically, I see more love there than in 2005 when everyone was so fucking nervous and edgy near the end of the race with the Indians breathing down the collective necks of our beloved SOX.

Hopefully my SOX fan brethren will turn the good feelings from their park into good will for their friends who root for the cub.

I still remember all the nice e-mails from my cub fan friends when the SOX won it all.

I will still rip on the cubs that I don’t like but know that any bad feelings I have toward certain boys in blue have nothing to do with how I feel about the team as a whole or my friends who cheer for them. The cubs are really doing a lot of things the right way this year and my hat is off to ‘em. Good luck to those who cheer ‘em says I.

Iran.

You know things are bad when the French are talking about war.

The focus on sanctions, negotiations and preparation for war at this point seems stupid to me.

What should the international community (or the portion of it that disagrees with Iran getting nukes) do?

Bribe the fuck out of the fucking Russians. That’s what you should do if you don’t want the Iranians to have the weapons they want. The Russians are the ones who are planning to sell the Iranians the enriched uranium they need.

If the US, the British, the French, the Germans have a problem with an Iranian nuclear weapons program – make the Russians an offer they can’t refuse.

Does it set a precedent that the Russians will use against the international community in the future?

Of course, but having the capacity to sell processed heavy elements and dangerous technology is the only bargaining chip the Great Russian Bear has left.

BEARS!

Pay off the Russians and friggin’ stall.

Right or wrong, the US at least is going to need to buy some time before it brings hellfire down on the Iranians.

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wish me luck big bro--- my first "open house/ back to school night" as a parent rather than a teacher is tomorrow. EEK! I'm used to being the HOST at those things, not the guest.

8:29 PM  
Blogger edP said...

That is exciting kiddo. Mom told me some of the good news re: your daughter's placement and what she's doing. Great stuff! I think about you guys a lot.

9:37 PM  
Blogger DC Liar said...

Chickle is the base ingredient in chewing gum. You should make sure that the boy isn't chewing wee-wees.

Kids these days.
Sorry.
---

Onto the apocalypse: I really think that Putin is looking to pick a fight with the rest of the civilized world as an excuse to re-hang the Iron Curtain. He's half-way there already.

Solution: Stay the fuck outta that hornets' nest and give Israel a (very, very) wide berth in dealing with the Iranians.

9:38 PM  
Blogger Chris B. said...

Yeah, war seems like the worst of the options at the moment considering all the "success" we've enjoyed over that past few years.

Thumbing your nose at the U.S. doesn't require a "shock and awe" response every time. I think the effect of draining the economy to continue the "war" is an overlooked consequence of terrorism. Unless you're Haliburton.

8:07 AM  
Blogger Michael K said...

Why do people like Romney think that not negotiating with our enemies is good policy? DId n't work in North Korea and it won't work in Iran either. Diplomacy is the best card to play but this administration can't because they pissed everybody off and most other nations can't be swayed to play ball with us. All we can hope for is that the next administration uses its brain rather than its muscle to get shit done.

8:47 AM  
Blogger Moderator said...

My heart breaks every time I see the Sox lose and the Cubs win. I don't think I can root for them.

Sorry.

12:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember that one:

Fiddle-dee-dee
Chickle-wee-wee
Let's hoist a toast for the fiddler's three.

1:35 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Grant, nobody has to root for the cubs. I am not rooting for the cubs as much as I am trying to be happy for their fans who happen to be my friends

4:10 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HEY! Wednesday (9/19) is International Talk Like a Pirate Day! I thought that if anyone would celebrate that--- it'd be you.

4:36 PM  
Blogger edP said...

Everyday around my house is talk like a pirate day. How was your open house?

5:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Strangly I know find myself saying "Chickle Wee Wee"

I wish I knew what it meant but I do like saying it.

6:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home